The following error has come up on my mates car which is an A3 1.8T Sport (AUM). Audi have told him that the car needs a new cat but I have been doing some tests on it and I believe the fault is with something else.
1 Fault Found:
17545 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Rich
P1137 - 35-00 - -
Firstly can anyone confirm what the power output of the AUM K03s should be as the MAF is calculating around 150bhp
Secondly has anyone had this error before, and can you shed any light on the problem?
I've tested the lambda sensors and the fuel EVAP system and everything comes back fine. I cleared the MIL and the car seems to drive fine, very smooth and no hesitation to suggest the Cat is shagged! My mate says that the car just seems to cut its power which I think is due to the MIL putting the car into limp mode.
Anyway this is what Ross-Tech suggest may be the problem so I will check:
17545/P1137/004407 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Rich
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active
- Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor faulty
- Fuel Pressure Regulator faulty
- Fuel Injector(s) faulty
- Oxygen Sensor Control faulty
- Oxygen Sensor(s) faulty
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System faulty
Thanks for any help.
- Check Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor
- Check Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Check Fuel Injector(s)
- Check Oxygen Sensor Control
- Check Oxygen Sensor(s)
- Check Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System