LCR top mounts, Ball joints and Drop links.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Evening all.

Wheres the best place to get the above (they will be for a s3)? Seat want over well over £60 notes for the top mounts and thats not even with the bearings :scared2:.

Also, im going to be dropping the s3 on some coilovers by about 25mm - 30mm, will the standard drop links be ok to prevent the ARB rubbing on the driveshafts or does the s3 not suffer from this like the golf boys.

Cheers :).

Thanks dave.

I think thats about right for the standard S3 one's sandip but i want some LCR as they are a higher rating in stiffness.

The uprated LCR ones are more expensive than the std top mounts used on all the other cars... £30 each sounds right to me and AFAIK only available through TPS or a SEAT dealer

<tuffty/>

Haha, what a result! My LCR weitec coilovers for the track car came with brand new LCR topmounts! I thought they seemed pretty hard!

Hi all.

I have an LCR and I can confirm that the LCR top mounts are a lot bulkier and stiffer than your S3/TT 225 mounts. My 2003 LCR came with the same top mounts that you are using which looked completely different to what I recenetly replaced them with, I even questioned if I had the right part but it all fits fine. SEAT revised this part ar some point, I guess after many warranty recalls and the result was these bigger and stiffer mounts. SEAT now also use the stiffer front wishbone bushes that you S3's run as standard, I went for this setup over polybushes to retain a street-car feel...+ coilovers :p.

Last edited:
Prawn ya jammy git, lol.

So either TPS or seat then, looks like ill just have to bite the bullet i spose.