what springs will fit an audi a3 in the back

20v-turbo

Reaction score
hi, im desperate for stiffer springs , so was thinking teh a4 b4 is heavier than an a3 (obviously) so will teh rear springs from an a4 fit my car?

meaning if i orderd rear lowering springs from an a4 would they fit my rear?

thanks

you would need springs off a lighter car in order to drop it lower. just buy some coilovers mate. jom ones are £165 from dpm

its not to go lower i need, its stiffer

i hacve joms lowering kit but i find tht it drops 2 much when people get in the car, so i need a spring of a heavier poundage

get some stiffer dampers then mate. springs wont do much and there arent many options for you either

the dampers are fine as they have nothing to do with the height dampers are bout ride height :/

ive emailed jom aswell bout their pioundage but no reply :/

yeh but if the dampening rate is stiffer they will compress less when there is weight in the car

the dampers i gt are 30 percent stiffer :/

i need baseically a thicker coil, and since a4s are heavier and use same style setup in the rear ust wanted to know if theyd fit

but an easy option fr me is to find the strongest spring mke and order a rear set fr a diesel :/

omg how much misinformation can you get in one thread.

The spring controls ride height, and also controls how "stiff" the car is.

The dampers job is to control (dampen) the spring.

You DO NOT make a car stiffer by fitting stiffer (or turning up) shocks, all that you achieve by doing that is stopping the spring from doing its job.

If you fit a stiffer spring however, you need "harder" shocks to control the more powerful spring (which is why lowering a car on standard shocks can result in a very bouncy ride, the damper isnt powerful enough to control the lower, stiffer spring).

Similarly, the spring, and the spring alone, controls how much the suspension compresses when you add people or luggage.

If they are proper coilovers, they will be running a standard 2.25" or 2.5" spring, and these are readily available at motorsport outlets in a wide range of lengths and poundages. If they arent, then you're quite likely stuffed. Diesel model parts wont help you, as any increased weight in a derv is over the front wheels, and the rear springs will be no different.

Your only option is to get a set of custom coils made up to fit your existing mountings, but in the appropriate poundage for the application, and for the amount that would cost you, you'd be better off sacking off the crappy lowering kit and installing something half decent.

get some rubber spring assisters from a towing shop, I think some halfords sell them also, they are rubber doughnuts that fit between the coils to assist the springs and stop them from compressing, or better still don't have anyone in the back, lol.

haha ye thts wat i though bout dampers and ye fer point with the derv

but there was argument bout this sumwere as tehse coilies are universal through fwd range and the 1.8t weighs 75kg over the frnt wheels thn a 1.6

but wat i found out today fidling with a mk5, the rear springs on tht wd fit my car :) and their mutch stiffer :) so im going to test boroow his befre making a decison nd tehn ill contact eibach

my bad about the dampers but still...

why not try this?

get some rubber spring assisters from a towing shop, I think some halfords sell them also, they are rubber doughnuts that fit between the coils to assist the springs and stop them from compressing, or better still don't have anyone in the back, lol.