How do I bleed my brakes?

VAGMAN1

Reaction score
Need to bleed the brakes on my A3 (2000/TDI) front and rear - anybody know what the exact procedure is? Someone told me is it not just a simple re-bleed like on any other car and there are some special measures you need to take when doing the job.....

Take it to the dealer. It's such a monumental pain in the butt that it's one of the few things I'm happy to delegate to others.

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Take it to the dealer. It's such a monumental pain in the butt that it's one of the few things I'm happy to delegate to others.

[/ QUOTE ]

For once I agree with you David R! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

When I had my mishap with doing nmy brakes my caliper guid thread went bust (had to take the caliper to the workbench) and I had to beeld all the air out of the system and it was a total pain in the ***!

Grab an Golf 4 manual - it tells you in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

It is a pain, but if you haven't touched the calipers it's not too bad, just need to maintain the level at the resevoir and make sure it doesn't drop too low.

If you have a pressure bleeder (You know one that you screw to the resevoir and then pump up to put the system under pressure) the jobs relatively simple.

IIRC you need to bleed front left, then front right, then rear left and finally rear right, basically keep pushing fluid through until it becomes clear/clean.

I'll check the above in the book if I get a chance...