Dampers and Springs or Coilovers ?

cecilthesausage

...It's Never Finished...
Reaction score
I am just about to invest in new suspension. and just wondering what everybody is using..... Im more or less being pushed towards Billy B8,s and H+R Springs...... What does everyone else think ?

I use my car a lot with my job I work all round the country and want something that is comfortable but will tighten everything up at the same time. I would like her to sit a little bit lower but not to low, your kw,s are the all singin all dancin 1,s arent they Dave ?

I'm considering some AP Coilover 's in the summer, replace the old shocks and give it a better stance :)

Depends if the front can be adjusted enough to still give me nice even tyre wear. I do too many miles to be munching though tyres every month on the inner edge

Thats good to know, I know I can get tie bars for the back as I had them on my old S3, I was about to say some guy on here makes them now and realised its you Dave haha

It was more the front ball joint adjustment I was worried about, I know theres a bit of adjustment available but wasn't sure how effective it would be at 35mm ish.

Whats yours lowered by?

I am just about to invest in new suspension. and just wondering what everybody is using..... Im more or less being pushed towards Billy B8,s and H+R Springs...... What does everyone else think ?

I think if its for everyday uise, go for the billys. Cant see coilovers giving as good of a ride. Im tempted by some myself, as im not really after adjustability, just decent quality damper

I'd go for springs and dampers too,

I had coilovers fitted on my old A3 and the first week I drove the car I thought what had I done, completely ruined the ride comfort I had, however I did get used to them and the car handled like on rails, but I wouldn't put any on the S3, would be B8's and H&R's going on other peoples description of ride comfort aswell as handling.

B8's and Apex springs here.

I think if your willing to spend the price for that spring/damper combo, you should be able to get some quality coilovers for the same price which i would go for.

Personally I'll be going for a springs and dampers kit. I've been out in an S3 on AP coilovers and it handles well but for the driving i do the standard suspension is fine so I'll be ok with a half decent kit. Going for the KW kit.

It looks like Billy B8,s and H+R Springs it is then. Cheers Lads much appreciated

You won't be disappointed with that.
I believe the Eibach springs give a slightly softer ride, not sure about the Apex, but the H&Rs are fine for me.
Firmer than standard but still more comfortable somehow (must be magic).