Mystery wires

dougie175

Reaction score
I forgot all about this until now, when I had my wheels off the other day I noticed on the near side there was the usual hose to the brakes, wire plugged in at the top of the calliper which I assume is ABS? Then there was another cable which I dont remember seeing present on the off side?

What made me notice it, is that the cable has actually been cut and the 2 wires have been soldered together by some cowboy at some point, what will have been the reason for this?

I presume it should go to some sensor or something possibly to do with ABS?

Its the pad wear sensor and at some point its had pads fitted (such as Ferodo DS2500's) that don't have the pad wear wiring so to stop the DIS showing a warning and logging a fault code you join the wires... its a std mod for fitting high performance pads

<tuffty/>

Just thought these cars probably have wear sensors! Hence they they have been soldered together as some cheap aftermarket pads have maybe been used without the connectors?

I have just purchased some genuine pads so will re connect the system, correct me if I am wrong. Cheers

Lol figured it out as you had replied. Thanks mate, least I know if nothing dodgy