Goodbye Concert - Hello ???

coajt

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 99 (T reg) 1.8T with a Concert Head Unit, full BOSE and a 6 cd changer.

The Concert head unit is slowly dying (suffering with the usual volume issue), so I'm having to either drive everywhere with the my car literally 'rockin' or in silence as if I'm on my way to a funeral! Therefore I think its time for a change.

I'm looking at spending between £250 - £300 for the HU, been looking at a few Alpine models...

CDA9812 - Take a look

CDA9831 - Take a look

I've been told Alpine are pretty good, do you agree? Any success stories or other models you'd recommend? I'm not too fussed about the HU illuminating red, just want quality and clarity.

Also, I understand that I need a couple of adaptors, do I need two? (RCA input and Speaker Input).
Car Audio Direct sell the following for the A3 with Bose, RCA Input Adaptor - £19.99 and Speaker Input £39.99, is it these I require?

I know I'm going to have to get rid of the original Audi changer (any offers), so will just replace with a changer of the same make of the HU.

Apart from the release tool (best place to get one?) and the fascia surround from Audi....arrrgghh. I've heard the other types of fascia are a bit naff, is there anything else I need?

Any help would be great!

Cheers

Adam