Knocking over bumps??

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Afternoon all, my S3 has developed a slight knocking when hitting a bump, i know it could be a lot of things causing it but when it was last MOT'd i got an advisory about the top mounts, question is if the top mounts are gone would it make any knocking noises?

Also are they easy to fit?

Thanks in advance, Dave.

I have the same problem Dave. Had MOT 2 weeks ago and the said there is slight play in my top mounts. The top mounts are the rubber bits that sit on top of your front shocks so its a shocks off job.

Other things that can cause the knocking are, ARB, wishbone bushes, the shocks themselves.

My top mounts knock I think since I changed mine when I put my coilies on, not sure why tho, they are new

Not to sure to be far, only the driver side knocks over bumps. Havent had a proper look under there so just assumed it was them as they were the only bushes changed and didnt have it before the coilies when on lol. Il have a nose around the bushes when I get a chance.

Quite right. I got poly bushes in my wishbones but they have been in there a while. Changed my drop links also, so could only be top mounts or wishbone/ARB bushes.