JMB RetrofitsBadger5

View Poll Results: Which wheels shall i get?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 17" Calibre Vintage

7 21.88%
  • 18" Cades Tyrus

23 71.88%
  • Something else (Post below)

2 6.25%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jordan1.8t

Thread: Wheel opinions, i've narrowed it down!

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status

Wheel opinions, i've narrowed it down!

Ok lads ive narrowed it down. What do ya reckon to these 2 sets?

Please choose out of these two (if you feel like it)

Calibre Vintage 17" (BBS RS STYLE, i think)

or

Cades Tyrus 18" (BBS LM STYLE)

i really cant decide!

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - ÂŁ2500 Mods Inc

2. # ADS
    ADS

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    I reckon the 17's, get them really wide, stretch the tires a little bit, and slam it reeaaaall low

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    cant slam too low because i car share but it will be low enough. widths same sorta thing cant go too wide as i dont want scrubbing.

hmm i see where ur coming from but cant decide lol

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    It is a tough decision. I went boring and got someyhin that arn't too outlandish. Either soul look good. If the car isn't going to be that low the 18's would be best

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    was kinda thinking that. i cant find an a3 with 17's that hasnt been slammed to the floor. it will be lowered to edge of tyre either way but need to see what that looks like. seen plenty with the tyres up in the arches

1st Gear

Status
    Unless your going to drop your car massively i would stick with the 18" get a little subtle stretch on them abd get it sitting with a good stance ans youll be onto a winner. Thats my plan when my lm reps come in the post tommorow
    Deames- likes this.
    A3 1.8t facelift 150p, milltek catback, forge 007p, gloss black roof, black s3 spoiler

next on the list is some wietec coilies and eibach arbs front &rear

6th Gear

Status
    bbs lm style

Quattro ist fĂĽr sissies

Status
    I voted for the RS style babies :-)
    For sale

3" Downpipe and de cat (will be going on ebay soon)
    Autogauge boost gauge
    Chrome Audi Number plate surrounds

PM for info.

1st Gear

Status
    18's for me think the 8L's too modern to carry off the classic look and their a ***** to keep clean

Rob

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    cheers lads. with the lm style ones only difference i can see is that these have no fake studs. would prefer a brand like these cades ones rather than the unknown brand of reps. anyone know where most the reps come from?

i noticed they have them on ali baba from shanghai, china so wouldnt be too satisfied with the quality and figure most places get them from here (ebay and merseyside ones)

18"-19" Alloy Wheel BBS Style products, buy 18"-19" Alloy Wheel BBS Style products from alibaba.com

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Lm style deffo dude others will be one major pain in the ass to keep on top of.

Quattro ist fĂĽr sissies

Status
    If you want to go to UD and have the same style wheels as 90% of the cars there go for the LM style lol. They are nice but sooo boring now, be different and get the RS style, you know you want to lol
    For sale

3" Downpipe and de cat (will be going on ebay soon)
    Autogauge boost gauge
    Chrome Audi Number plate surrounds

PM for info.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Neither

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Neither
    what you recommend then mate? some staggered 19" satin black speedlines?

6th Gear

Status
    *Cough* Ultralites *cough*

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    *Cough* Ultralites *cough*

u n ur ultralites! lol theyre too expensive with good tyres mate unfortunately. looking at Ł1100ish with falkens

6th Gear

Status
    Wheels are Ł624.

Camskill will do 4 Rainsport 2`s which are probably better than the Falkens for Ł318.40 or Hankook S1 Evo`s which are getting pretty good ratings will be Ł303.12 a set.

You said in the other thread you had Ł800-1000 and thats less than Ł1000 Unless your budget has gone down.

Plus cheap wheels are going to be more likely to crack/smash than ultralites and we both know what some of the roads are like in MK lol.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Chugger

Status
    I think the LM style will suit your car better myself. Although IMO iv never seen a set of bbs wheels that looks quite as good as standard spoked wheels like avus's or TTRS alloys. I think they looks awesome the older squarer vws and bmw's, but dont look quite as good on the 8L.
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    id go calibre vintage if you want either of those, but in 18's Calibre Vintage 18" Alloy Wheels (Alloys) - Audi A3 / Rimstyle.com

i like these wheels but they didnt do them in 18's when i was wheel hunting but they do now

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Nattie View Post
    If you want to go to UD and have the same style wheels as 90% of the cars there go for the LM style lol. They are nice but sooo boring now, be different and get the RS style, you know you want to lol
    ehh lm's are less scene then RS's????

1st Gear

Status
    youll be surprised how low you can still go on 18" with abit of stretch
    A3 1.8t facelift 150p, milltek catback, forge 007p, gloss black roof, black s3 spoiler

next on the list is some wietec coilies and eibach arbs front &rear

6th Gear

Status
    theres 1.4mm difference between 225/40/18 and 225/45/17 so makes no difference in the drop so its more down to the width in that case..

BBP

Status
    Dave! You already bored of them R8s yeah? Hah, I've got those RS Reps, but as has already been stated I'd wait until they put out the 18"s and buy them instead.

I'm cursing now that they're releasing them in 18s. I think they're only Ł545 too, and will be available in 9" width.

Wait a while and get the calibres in 18.....and then we'll swap

17" BBS RS Reps, JOM Coilovers, TT ARB, Facelift Front & Rear Lights, Aero wipers, LEDs all round, 6000K HIDs, Blacked out Grill & Rings, De-wipered,
    12" 1000w FliTrap Sub, Colour Coded Lowers & Skirts...

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    your 17's look fooookin cool on your car mate! id stick with 17

1st Gear

Status
    the LM style will show off more brake calibre and disc, so if youve got something worth showing off, then that would be my preference
    2007 RS4
    2000 S3 APR'd

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    cheers for the votes and comments peeps helping alot

Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Wheels are Ł624.

Camskill will do 4 Rainsport 2`s which are probably better than the Falkens for Ł318.40 or Hankook S1 Evo`s which are getting pretty good ratings will be Ł303.12 a set.

You said in the other thread you had Ł800-1000 and thats less than Ł1000 Unless your budget has gone down.

Plus cheap wheels are going to be more likely to crack/smash than ultralites and we both know what some of the roads are like in MK lol.
    it has a lil as i didnt calculate mr tax man taking a 3rd of my money

Quote Originally Posted by s3_kev View Post
    id go calibre vintage if you want either of those, but in 18's Calibre Vintage 18" Alloy Wheels (Alloys) - Audi A3 / Rimstyle.com

i like these wheels but they didnt do them in 18's when i was wheel hunting but they do now
    18's not til april and im impatient thats what the bloke on the phone said anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bhavin1986 View Post
    Dave! You already bored of them R8s yeah? Hah, I've got those RS Reps, but as has already been stated I'd wait until they put out the 18"s and buy them instead.

I'm cursing now that they're releasing them in 18s. I think they're only Ł545 too, and will be available in 9" width.

Wait a while and get the calibres in 18.....and then we'll swap
    yeh bit bored of em now bhavin , still a lovely wheel when clean and shiny but i fancy some dish tyres are doing well still also.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    PURCHASED! 18" Cades Tyrus

cant wait :D went for the falken fk452's for rubber in 225/40/18 for a bit of rim protection. if anyone wants to buy my current wheels let me know :D