cursed 1.8T???

TOM.S

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
right where to start..
problems keep coming,amount of £s on bank acount getting smaler and smaler.
right now to the topic...
within the last 6 weeks i had my AUM 1.8T sport taxed,serviced,basic health checked.in theese 6 weeks i had to get the starter motor,reverse lights switch/loom,wastegate,and spark plugs fixed/replaced.+ service was done.few days later the MAF sensor got ****** , been replaced.the wery same week had an issue with warning light on the dash (oil related) it turned out to be a faulty oil pressure switch.so i needed that replaced and new oil filter,oil change again not even 2 weeks after service!then it looked like the bad times(for my wallet) are over,the car was running ok.it did last for a week or two.later on I've noticed the crap MPG? (25/26) its low is it?? + some dickhead/s stole my centre caps (now the alloys look realy bad..) and.... engine managment light came on( tonight(car seems to be running fine.. no lack of power etc..)

now Im realy starting to think Im cursed/or the car??
so what am i looking at now?? I mean whats it gonna be now?? i gues Im gonna need a new thermostat,temperature sensor,posibly colipacks....:(:sadlike: I dont have a VAG com thingy ,coudn't scan my baby so god knows what else is wrong with her.
is all this normal?? the car is 2000 reg with 87k on the clock (i gues it havent been looked after well before i bought it)

what do you guys thinks??
any wallet friendly solutions???
any help apreciatated.

what do you guys thinks??
any wallet friendly solutions???
any help apreciatated.

I know your pain mate, and sadly there aren't any wallet friendly solutions to be fair.

It's certainly worth getting a ebay VAG COM cable and using the free shareware version of it to scan for codes. You can get them for a tenner, and then you can look up the code numbers on the web.

Other than that, keep going, you'll get to the bottom of the problems eventually.

A Faulty Thermostat will cause your poor mpg, after having a new thermostat fitted to my wifes car, its gone from 25 ish upto 35 mpg.
But there are other faults that can also cause poor mpg.

DC

you have spent a few quid already pal, dont give up theirs probobly very little left to go wrong after you have put much right, after this you will enjoy your car im sure.