Badger5Chris Nott
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Audi Recall ( all petrol engines)

6th Gear

Status
    Hitachi bolt downs

3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

2. # ADS
    ADS

Howdy

Status
    Had my coilpacks replaced at Aberdeen Audi first thing this morning - no problems.
    They didn't touch anything else and the girl was as nice as she sounded on the phone!

I had a quick nosey at the used cars while I was there... anyone lend me 20k?

I bought 5L of Quantum Platinum from the parts dept and went to the bodyshop to have my rust patch examined for a warranty claim too...
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

1st Gear

Status
    Just picked my A3 up from Taunton Audi after having the roof rust fixed, and while it was there they changed the coil packs without even being asked, excellent service, nice work as far as I can see.

6th Gear

Status
    those ****ers didn't change the packs

I'll buy my own

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Lol @ finesse

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    chaps i had a call from Audi yesterday trying to book my 8L in for this.....if you see the chap who bought it off me then if someone can mention, that said i replaced them all after mapping and so id imagine they'd be one of the latest version.
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    oh and on another note i have 2 or 3 spare coils off my old BAM sat in the shed if anyone wants em worth swapping them for yours if this stops you getting newer ones?
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Neutral

Status
    Chaps, for those that have had the coilpacks swapped, what's the part number of the new coilpacks? I like everyone else is sick to death of coilpacks giving up but I really don't want the d*cks at my audi to replace my ones with new ones that are no better and also knowing Audi breaking something along the way.

I'm assuming that they keep the ones they take off ?

6th Gear

Status
    Had all 4 coil packs replaced and a free health check...

They reported that my near side ring spring is fooked, the pig tail had snapped off, looks like it's been like that a long time... Lush
    revo'd

5th Gear

Status
    I replaced all mine 2years ago to non hitachi ones... Does that mean they won't replace any of mine?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    i was in audi today for some parts
    iv just picked a a4 up with the revised packs
    ov they wont change them
    so i said iv got the reciptes from the ones iv had to buy
    more or less said tough luck but feel free to take it up with audi uk

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    Had all 4 coil packs replaced and a free health check...

They reported that my near side ring spring is fooked, the pig tail had snapped off, looks like it's been like that a long time... Lush
    You're alignment will probably be way out if your spring has snapped. Definitely worth fixing.

LD3
    Neutral
    Japanese Baseball Champion

Status
    Bromley Audi Confirmed the recall booked in for Friday thanks for the heads up. Apparently they don't notify owners by writing to them (I guess looking up all previous owners and then sending letters out is a tall order) but notify customers of the recall when you bring it in.

www.optimumtuning.co.uk

Status
    I just had mine changed at lake district audi this mornin,Two coils werent OEM but they put a new set of 4 on FOC anyway.No complaints there!!
    2001 S3 8L, CR Turbos hybrid k04, Forge DV, silicone TIP,BBS LM reps.

Neutral

Status
    4 new coils fitted, great service....they are a dark grey colour, v shiny : )
    Audi S3 AMK

1st Gear

Status
    Had mine done today, cars runs a damn sight smoother now, they done there rediculous health check,

My car needs new arb bushes, 1front wheel bearing, wiper and rear discs..

They wanted 820!!!!!!

I dont think so some how lol
    A3 1.8t facelift 150p, milltek catback, forge 007p, gloss black roof, black s3 spoiler

next on the list is some wietec coilies and eibach arbs front &rear

broken down
    Penguin Pass Champion

Status
    Ive got a V reg Audi A3 1.6 sport anyone else got the coils with the same age?

E-mailed Perth Audi hopefully i will get them, just wish i knew what they were!!!
    Audi A3 1.6 Sport

1st Gear

Status
    the latest ones end in the letter d

Neutral

Status
    WO big thanks. My local audi are c*nts but they are doing it for free woo hoo :D

5th Gear

Status
    not ryt pleased had one coil pack changed today from the local audi garage and got back in it felt slow what the hell told them not to mess with diagnostic's.

drove it around abit what can i here from behind the dash air whistling out of somewhere blag shore they tuke my car for a spin went in fast come out slow ****ed off
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

4th Gear

Status
    Dave mine is APY I had one replaced cost me 29 from GSF. I am certain another one is on it's way out as at start up I only have 3 cylinders sometimes

Sandip I I have the Beru stickers one the one I got, but I thought they were made by GMBH...
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Booked in for next Tuesday with Macclesfield Audi.

1st Gear

Status
    Booked in for Thursday 10th at Guildford Audi
    2001 (Y) Audi S3 AMK | Forge 007p | H&R ARBs | Powerflex Bushes All Round | Badger5 3" TIP & Jetex JR Filter | R-Tech Stage 1 Map | Brembo 4-Pot Callipers (Monoblock from Clio 197) with Ferodo DS2500 & EBC Ultimax Discs | N249 Bypass | Milltek Cat Back Non-Res Special Tips

Reverse Gear

Status
    My local audi dealer said they would look at my S3 regarding coil packs change but wouldn't say if it would remove my remap if they downloaded new software onto the ecu? Are they talking crap? I take it people have had there coil packs changed with remaps on their S3 and had no problems after.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3KO4 View Post
    Dave mine is APY I had one replaced cost me 29 from GSF. I am certain another one is on it's way out as at start up I only have 3 cylinders sometimes

Sandip I I have the Beru stickers one the one I got, but I thought they were made by GMBH...
    Ring them mate, i did and they said APY engines are not affected...had to go by the car engine as they could not find my private plate s3 on the system, or the old reg witch according to him was a private number too...so no bolt down packs are involved wether it be hitachi,beru, or gmbh?,
    but i would ring if only to satisfy your own curiosity.....

4th Gear

Status
    Thanks Dave, Just went down Audi Finchely London, after the lovely busty lady checked with her not so lovely manager, they said we can do it but we will need to run a diagnostic check prior to that which would cost you 75 plus vat! she first said there is a recall and when she came back the manager said there was no recall on my engine...
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

4th Gear

Status
    What engine block do I check on VAGCOM for faulty Coil Packs? it's got to be volt related.
    Last edited by S3KO4; 2nd March 2011 at 18:59.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3KO4 View Post

I'm not 100% but i'm sure the Beru bolt downs were originally Hitachi. Then Beru put their sticker on top. If you look at my picture, something has been rubbed off the front lol These coil packs are becoming hard to get hold of now though! Bremi is replacing them
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

Neutral

Status
    "Sandip I I have the Beru stickers one the one I got, but I thought they were made by GMBH..."

might be wrong, but I thought GMBH was a German term for companies with limited liability, not a brand?

Quattro ist für sissies

Status
    Just had my coil packs change and free health check, everything when fine and no faults found.

was speccing a car and was talking to the saleman who has a s3 8p which is stage 1 map and he said and the head audi tech, that if you have a mapped ecu, it will be wiped off if they put and updated software on the car.
    For sale

3" Downpipe and de cat (will be going on ebay soon)
    Autogauge boost gauge
    Chrome Audi Number plate surrounds

PM for info.

broken down
    Penguin Pass Champion

Status
    Nae luck for me at Perth Audi. Apparently my ignition system is from a earlier system, so no free parts this week!
    Audi A3 1.6 Sport

Neutral

Status
    I have just been in touch with my local Audi dealer who has very helpful an has confirmed this IS a recall for 8L S3's. Mine is booked in for next Saturday for a full replacement set for free....!

Thanks very much to whoever posted this thread as I would not have known otherwise and to those of you who slated the poor guy... well, what can I say....
    Mk1 16v G60 - Gone but not forgotten.... Mk1 Haldex AWD in progress.... Audi S3 keeping me entertained....

6th Gear

Status
    Is it just 8L S3's or are 8L A3's covered as well?

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    any 1.8T engine mate. So yeh A3 aswell if you dont have the good ones already.

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

6th Gear

Status
    Just phoned my local dealer (Neyland Audi, they're pretty mickey mouse tbh) and they have said that my car is not on the recall list yet, but as they are constantly updating the list, I should phone them back next week.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audi_a3_turbo View Post
    I called audi Cambridge and they told me there is no such recall????
    I've just spoken to Audi Cambridge and they knew about it, my AMK S3 is booked in on the 15th March to have the coils inspected and a free health check. I've no idea what coilpacks are currently fitted but it's got to be worth a go. Thanks to the OP for pointing this out.
    Now: 2001 S3 Nogaro Blue
    Then: 2000 S3 Black

5th Gear

Status
    Origional Hitachi's as fitted to my AJQ engined Quattro and to my knowledge never changed..... you watch one go and fail now lol

1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

Neutral

Status
    Just looked at mine looks like I will be booking it in tomorrow!
    I guess I have the old ones dont look like the bolt down type :D

Neutral

Status
    Mine looked like that and they said they were ok. ****ers.

Neutral

Status
    I will let you know if they say mine are ok or not booking it in tomorrow hope they replace them because its free