Volks AutosBadger5
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Audi Recall ( all petrol engines)

1st Gear

Status
    I wonder if my 2004 3.2 will be affected.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan12 View Post
    I wonder if my 2004 3.2 will be affected.
    Probably not, but if you dont ask you dont know......

1st Gear

Status
    Just been down to Birmingham Audi. The 3.2 V6s are included in the recall. Mine is booked in for next week, along with a Haldex oil change.

6th Gear

Status
    Just got a letter in the post from Audi, to say that my car is part of the coilpack replacement. Bit late now, but good for others who haven't had it done

1st Gear

Status
    I had a letter from local Audi Centre too this week detailing the enhancement..will give them a ring next week to find out when I can take it in, and make sure they remember the car is mapped..although every time the car goes in, its already highlighted in bright green on the job sheet before I get there !!
    A4 2.0T FSI S-Line Special Edition, Misano Red / Black Graphite Volterra Leather.
    Retrofitted : Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, RNS-E, Bluetooth, SDS. Ambient Light Mod, Chipped UK Fast Road Remap. (262 BHP), Red Brake Calipers c/w S-Line Decals, Coming Soon... ??

2nd Gear

Status
    will give them a call tomorrow and see if they will give me 4 new ones when i go and get the new MAF
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

2nd Gear

Status
    Had all 4 replaced today at Huntingdon Audi. Very happy boy even if the staff were a little rude and arrogant to start with.

Apparently faulty clutch pedal switches aren't a common fault.... Idiots.
    '02 Audi S3 - 270bhp / 283lb ft - SOLD
    '08 BMW 135i - 306bhp / 295lb ft
    '12 VW Golf GTD 170 - 168bhp / 258lb ft

Audi a3 1.8t AGU

Status
    took mine down to shefield audi this morning and they typed my chassis number in to there computer and they said that my coil packs are not part of the recall

5th Gear

Status
    Just had all 4 of mine replaced at Northampton Audi. Sat in reception drinking very nice coffee dreaming about the convertible R8 parked in the showroom!

My part number for my coil packs which were replaced were: 06B905115R if that helps anyone. Great service - was done in 25mins. Although I didn't get a receipt at the end to confirm the work, oh well!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just had 3 of mine changed at Dundee Audi on Friday! They refused to give me any form of receipt for the work carried out, 'it was logged on their system' and that was it, did offer to stamp my service book though?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Having only bought my '03 S3 a month ago, I booked it in to Newcastle Audi to get the glovebox repaired (cos it was hanging off!). I was in there 2hrs, gained new ignition coils that i knew nothin about, car health-check, washed & vacumed, returned to me with a free tin of sweets - not a penny spent!...strangely they didn't do the glovebox cos i was pushed for time. Due back on 6 th June to get the job put to bed. Hadn't ever used main dealer before, so a surprisingly painless experience for a 1st time.

P.S. I've picked up an issue today - when i put me foot down abit to overtake some dude, the power died for an instant before pickin up again, where i spotted the ESP and 'engine management' symbols had lit-up on the display. Has anyone got an idea what it's likely to be??...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dickibo View Post
    Having only bought my '03 S3 a month ago, I booked it in to Newcastle Audi to get the glovebox repaired (cos it was hanging off!). I was in there 2hrs, gained new ignition coils that i knew nothin about, car health-check, washed & vacumed, returned to me with a free tin of sweets - not a penny spent!...strangely they didn't do the glovebox cos i was pushed for time. Due back on 6 th June to get the job put to bed. Hadn't ever used main dealer before, so a surprisingly painless experience for a 1st time.

P.S. I've picked up an issue today - when i put me foot down abit to overtake some dude, the power died for an instant before pickin up again, where i spotted the ESP and 'engine management' symbols had lit-up on the display. Has anyone got an idea what it's likely to be??...
    Welcome to S3 ownership - hope you enjoy it! Post your question regarding your power loss on the main S3 8L section and I'm sure you'll get a response.

S3 OFU

Status
    Joined the forum last night, today my S3 is boosting as it should, who'd have thought an N112 by pass would make such a difference, and I'm booked in for my coil packs tomorrow. If first impressions are anything to go by I love this place!

2nd Gear

Status
    mine is booked in for the 2nd June Cant wait to give them the snapped coil pack that caused me so much hassle last weekend!
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!

Status
    mine is apparently not in the vin range but it has the coilpacks mentioned earlier (same part number) that they have changed on other peoples? try a different garage? hmmm

Reverse Gear

Status
    how do you know if your car is eligable for the coil pack recall? has anyone ever used aberdeen audi?

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    I did book it in and was going to but my old Audi ignition coils on.

I'm currently running coils I bought from ECP last year when i had a full service and single mass flywheel fitted at same time.

I decided against the recall because my car is running well as it stands especially after seeing my RR results the other week. And being brutually honest didn;t want to risk upsetting the cars performance.
    Kristian
    No longer an Audi driver...

1st Gear

Status
    Dropped mine off this afternoon to be treated to a new A3 2.0 Turbo courtesy car for tomorrow. Cheers Audi

1st Gear

Status
    Just got back from parklands audi in Glos.

All 4 changed and wash and valet, great service.

Was speaking to one of the managers and i'd forgotten the paper part of my driving license so no courtesy car! Totally my fault, all i wanted to do was go to tesco and get some breakfast so he ran me down there himself, then he took me out in a TT-RS as i said that was the car i'd buy over the R8.

think he just wanted to get out of the office :D

also got a print-off saying what was done to the car, so can put that in with the service history.

XFi
    2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by demons uk View Post
    Just got back from parklands audi in Glos.

All 4 changed and wash and valet, great service.

Was speaking to one of the managers and i'd forgotten the paper part of my driving license so no courtesy car! Totally my fault, all i wanted to do was go to tesco and get some breakfast so he ran me down there himself, then he took me out in a TT-RS as i said that was the car i'd buy over the R8.

think he just wanted to get out of the office :D

also got a print-off saying what was done to the car, so can put that in with the service history.
    I had good service from Audi but not as good as the above

Just got back from having mine replaced.

1st Gear

Status
    Well mine went in last Tuesday, and they said they didnt need replacing as they were made by a different supplier to the ones that were being upgraded..in and out in under 20 mins..
    A4 2.0T FSI S-Line Special Edition, Misano Red / Black Graphite Volterra Leather.
    Retrofitted : Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, RNS-E, Bluetooth, SDS. Ambient Light Mod, Chipped UK Fast Road Remap. (262 BHP), Red Brake Calipers c/w S-Line Decals, Coming Soon... ??

3rd Gear

Status
    Just got my new coilpacks today. Thanks Audi.

2nd Gear

Status
    Took my 2000 A3 1.8T Sport into Crewe Audi today and All 4 changed FOC with wash & valet, great service.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Audi has made a series of recalls of 5000 Audi models are associated with reported cases of sudden unintended acceleration linked to six deaths and 700 injuries. At that time, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration investigation of 50 models from 20 manufacturers for power surges.see more Audi recalls on automd.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyG2606 View Post
    2001 AMK S3 - Paid a quick visit to the new stealers at Cribbs Causeway in Bristol last week - checked on the system and booked in for next week and they are also going to look at the roof rail - courtesy car as well!

Had to wait about a minute to see someone and even offered a coffee!
    This is a great dealers. Was given a lovely coffee when I was waiting for a part that I ordered to be fetched. Was a £12 part lol.

Neutral

Status
    I'm so hacked off to only find this out now! Week before goodwood in July i had a coil pack failure so paid to have all 4 replaced at a local garage owned by an aquaintence. D'oh!!! I heard there was a fault with them but didn't even think to call audi when mine went as assumed they'd tell me to jog on since it's a 2001 car
    | 2001 facelift S3 (210bhb) | Black Leather | Bose | Sadly now written off |

If I ever mark a post as "Unlike" it's because I usually view the forum on my phone and have fat fingers!

Mixes:
    http://soundcloud.com/the-bearded-house-junkies
    http://soundcloud.com/robberto

1st Gear

Status
    went to audi today to get my radio code had to book it in. and they said i can get coil packs done so its actually true! re-call on coilpacks.
    A3 S Line 2.0 TDI Sportback - DSG
    BOSE, cruise control, bi-xenons, MFSW, Heated seats, paddle shifts, ipod connection

19" Speedlines | Reverse camera | Eibach Sportline Springs | MY09 LED Tails | Eibach Spacers Front 10MM Rear 12MM | Pioneer HU | Private Plate | Tints | LED numberplate | Interior Light Kit

Reverse Gear

Status
    Iv got a 2000 apy just rang Sheffield Audi and they said my car is has not been recalled shall I try a different dealer??

1st Gear

Status

Thumbs up

I found this which might help?:

28E9

seems to list all of the cars/engines and part numbers affected (also explains how to check).
    * 2013 BMW 116d M Sport: current
    * 2002 Audi A3 1.8T Sport (8L): current
    * 2003 Mercedes Benz C200K Avantgarde SE (W203): current
    * 1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster (E36/7): now sold
    * 1998 BMW 316i Compact (E36): now crushed!!

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3oaks View Post
    Iv got a 2000 apy just rang Sheffield Audi and they said my car is has not been recalled shall I try a different dealer??
    Nope! Mines the same mate and i was told the same! Its because ours is bolt down coil packs and were not affected. Think of our cars as the better of the breeds :D lol
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pangsterA3 View Post
    I found this which might help?:

28E9

seems to list all of the cars/engines and part numbers affected (also explains how to check).
    Just called Edinburgh Audi and my car is one of the ones affected by the recall so it's booked in for next Friday!

Neutral

Status
    i phoned today and mine is not on recall thay said

Lod
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Mine went in last week, they replaced the coil pack and at the same time I got them to do a service - unfortunately they discovered the sump plug threads were stripped! Blinkin flip! Went in for a free coil pack replacememnt and came out hundreds lighter in the pocket! Still, it's done now I suppose!

Audi A3 1.8T Sport

Status
    Phoned Audi, gave my reg...
    "Yes sir, yours has the coil packs we are replacing, how does Saturday sound?"

Went in Saturday, all four were working fine but they replaced them all FOC anyway...

Brighton Audi were on top form. Very impressed with the service :-)

Neutral

Status
    How do i know if my coilpacks are the dodgey ones? are all push down ones up for replacement? tried to look for a part number but can't find one.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordysport View Post
    How do i know if my coilpacks are the dodgey ones? are all push down ones up for replacement? tried to look for a part number but can't find one.
    It's 07K 905 715 F
    Now - Ford Focus RS (305 bhp) - 2009

Previous Cars

A4 2.0 TFSi S-Line (251 bhp) - 2005
    Audi A3 3.2 Quattro Sport (250 bhp) - 2004
    Ford Fiesta ST (150 bhp) - 2006
    Ford Focus ST2 (290 bhp) - 2009
    Skoda Octavia vrS (215 bhp) - 2001
    Volkswagen Golf GTi Turbo (230 bhp) - 2001

1st Gear

Status

did you look at the link I posted???? - it's all in there! (see reply 389)....

Neutral

Status
    did you look at the link I posted???? - it's all in there! (see reply 389)....
    thats probably why i didn't see it i couldn't read through 389 posts. anyway i've rung up Audi and it needs them changed so will be getting a nice set of free coilpacks on saturday :D

1st Gear

Status
    thats probably why i didn't see it i couldn't read through 389 posts. anyway i've rung up Audi and it needs them changed so will be getting a nice set of free coilpacks on saturday :D
    You didn't have to read through 389 posts to find it - it was 6 posts above your post in this thread.. it probably would have also come up if you could have been bothered to use the search function as it's been posted elsewhere as well..

Neutral

Status
    You didn't have to read through 389 posts to find it - it was 6 posts above your post in this thread.. it probably would have also come up if you could have been bothered to use the search function as it's been posted elsewhere as well..
    I got to page 4 and didn't have time to read through the rest and check if someone had posted it, so i throught as i wasn't bumping the thread up i'd just ask. I did search but the threads were old and most including i would assume that the recall had expired hence why i posted in this thread. and sorry if i am suspicious of a link posted on an open forum named 28E9 it could of been anything. leave the matter i have found the answer very quickly and its now booked in, so thanks all for that.