hi all, i currently have a bam s3 8l, i've fixed all problems with the car, minus the squeaky sun roof, if you remember i bought those brakes on ebay, you were ALL right, they were crap, so got a refund, currently waiting for a set of discs, carriers, lines and calipers from a seat leon cupra r (my discs need changing anyways so it's not worked out too much on top of buying brand new discs).....
anyways, i've looked at insurance for an rs4 b5 and at an age of 26 (only passed my test when i was 25, been a bike person all my life) the insurance is crazy with only 1 years no claims (Ł5,000), so i am not going to touch one of those until i am like 29/30!
So, lets say i had Ł1,500 to spend on tuning my car, what route would you go down and why, i have no problem buying good second hand parts, turbos and such go for as much as a 1/3 of the price on ebay because they are second hand....
Am i right in syaing the following would really beef the car up....
any thought, would really appreciate someone who has modded their car a fair bit 300+ bhp to share some knowledge on what route they took....
- uprated turbo (or maybe just a more effecient one?)
- uprated inter cooler
- uprated injectors
- uprated air intake with a cold feed
- uprated fuel pump
- uprated exhaust system (does the full thing need doing?)
- uprated conrods (is this really needed?)
- uprated dump valve (not 100% sure if this would be needed?)
- uprated hoses (i suppose only the air intake and inter cooler ones would need changing, not the radiator or oil hoses?)