Big Trouble In Little China

cecilthesausage

...It's Never Finished...
Reaction score
Recently acquired an N75j Valve OPEN BRACKET (before anyone says I told you so I know but when you are new to all this tuning lark you do not listen even though people have been there seen it done it got the T-Shirt.... Its just like when I try and tell my 18 Year old son who knows more about starships and he says "ye alright Dad" and then does,nt take a blind bit of notice..... You cant educate pork you just have to beat it with a big stick lol) CLOSE BRACKET..... Right back to my problem fitted J valve wrong way round to start with limp mode twice in first half hour,changed it round everything hunky dory. Jump in the car to drive back to work this morning 120 miles and the characteristics of my engine are,nt the same, put my foot down and my revs are just going up without my car picking up, or its flat as f@@k or intermittent. So today when I got to work at dinnertime I changed back to my F Valve but still the same any input would be gratefully appreciated Cheers Rob

Last edited:
Recently acquired an N75j Valve OPEN BRACKET (before anyone says I told you so I know but when you are new to all this tuning lark you do not listen even though people have been there seen it done it got the T-Shirt.... Its just like when I try and tell my 18 Year old son who knows more about starships and he says "ye alright Dad" and then does,nt take a blind bit of notice..... You cant educate pork you just have to beat it with a big stick lol) CLOSE BRACKET..... Right back to my problem fitted J valve wrong way round to start with limp mode twice in first half hour,changed it round everything hunky dory. Jump in the car to drive back to work this morning 120 miles and the characteristics of my engine are,nt the same, put my foot down and my revs are just going up without my car picking up, or its flat as f@@k or intermittent. So today when I got to work at dinnertime I changed back to my F Valve but still the same any input would be gratefully appreciated Cheers Rob

I got the same issue lol

What a son who thinks he knows everything lol

:lmfao:

Anyway - from your first description - it sounds like a slipping clutch, at least that was my first thought. Revs going up, but car not progressing.

Can you try and describe it a little better if you know what I mean? I know describing problems is a pain, but I'm just trying to get a better handle on the problem.

BOOOOOOOst leak ..there a pain but need sorting....

Most likely I would think if it is a boost related problem. J valve produces a bigger initial spike than the F so the extra boost could have popped a hose.

I dont think its the clutch Welly every one said dont use the Jvalve but I thought I would try it cos I thought it would be ok with my APy on non wideband lamda and it was. But now its sometimes working or its intermittent or my revs ride and f@@k all happens this is after 1 day by the way, moral of the story is IF ITS NOT BROKE DONT TRY AND FIX IT...... lol

I will check for boost leaks if I have i know what pipe it will be, its that f@@kin orange one at the back of the engine which has blew off the last 2 boost leaks ive had, thats after changin 100 quids worth of pipes which are a bit spongey and then find this mofo hiding away at the back of the engine mindin its own business with its jubilee clip of lol

Its beginning to sound like the car is in limp mode to me to be fair. No boost means the engine will feel very flat as there is not much torque.

I would certainly start with getting it on some kind of diagnostic equipment or fault code scanner. A local garage should be able to sort you out if you don't have one.

What a son who thinks he knows everything lol

:lmfao: I've got no idea what's wrong with it, yet lol

Getting fault code 17963 which points to the N75 but....i've tried another N75f and the problem still seems to be there. I'll be checking both the N75's just to see if there is differences in them. (ohms) I'll also be checking the DV justto make sure that's ok

yeah the orange pipe is a pain... take it off and get rid of oil residues around them and the pipe then get good quality t bolt clamps or hi torque jubilees and nail the fooker down....

Welly may have a point about the j valve instigating a boost leak, when i put badger 5s 3" tip on it snapped the lower clamp on the orange pipe with its new found lungs....

Would I not go into limp mode with a boost leak ? I will unplug my MAF when I have my dinner break and try it. I need to find A Vagcom round Grimsby area. Easier said than done when your not from the area