A3 Quattro brake calipers - where from?

bristolbaron

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace a seized rear caliper on my A3 Quattro but struggling to find one. I've been informed they're different to the standard A3/MK4 Golf caliper..

Does anyone know a decent Audi breakers who may stock one or is it a main dealer job?

Cheers

Baz

I'm trying to replace a seized rear caliper on my A3 Quattro but struggling to find one. I've been informed they're different to the standard A3/MK4 Golf caliper..

Does anyone know a decent Audi breakers who may stock one or is it a main dealer job?

Cheers

Baz

Unless they are vented, which I don't think they are, then your rear calipers should be the same as Mk4 golf platform cars with solid rear disks. Look also at B5/5.5 Passats and B5 Audi A4 and C5 A6's.

Cheers

Baz

If you can wait till Monday when I'm back at work I can try and find you some after market part numbers, as I work for a motor factor. I'm sure they would be available.

If you can wait till Monday when I'm back at work I can try and find you some after market part numbers, as I work for a motor factor. I'm sure they would be available.

that would be great, checking the definitive brake thread it says quattro need 6mm spacers to fit normal cars which is making me think they're different..

that would be great, checking the definitive brake thread it says quattro need 6mm spacers to fit normal cars which is making me think they're different..

If you are reading the quote below.

Rear

The standard 232mm Solids can be upgraded for the 256mm Vented setup, the bigger carrier/caliper just bolts straight on. If the calipers/carriers have come off a Quattro/4 Motion then you will need some 6mm spacers.

You only need the 6mm spacers if you upgrade your brakes to the vented setup using carriers from your quattro. The rear calipers are all the same for solid disks! You have nothing to worry about.

I know that Ford Galaxy runs the same brakes as a S3 on the front, probably same on the rear also. Could be worth going to the scrappy and having a look.

Hi mate, if you still need to know i have looked up rear calipers for an A3 1.8 quattro, and they are the same as a 2wd 1.8.

A couple of part numbers if it helps

Delphi LC4990 / LC4991
Brake Engineering CA1710 / CA1710R

I take it your in bristol mate? There are two vw/audi breakers up the road from me in brislington! And theyr really helpful aswell!

hmm.. still getting much confusion..

GSF tell me MK4/A3 2wd calipers don't fit and they don't stock a quattro caliper.
TPS are telling me part numbers are different but wont give them to me.
Volksmania have an A3 quattro breaking, but they've already sold the caliper and a MK4 one doesn't fit it.

So all of these lead me to believe that they definitely are different, however posts above are saying they're the same!

quattro1 - I am indeed in Bristol, I'll be going to Audi Breakers in Bris this afternoon - I spoke to them briefly yesterday but they were closing, normally very good service. I always find Whitehouse a bit grumpy though!

Yeah the mechanic in whitehouse is abit of a helmet but you can haggle him down on prices if your cheeky lol where in the brizzle are you just out of interest?

Weird.. I went to All Audi today and they confirmed the caliper is different. However they couldn't supply me with one unless I took mine off the car.
I went past the new EuroCarParts on the way home and they had one on the shelf. The ECP part number is the same as for other models!

Who knows.. I'll give it a go, if not bite the bullet and give TPS £95 for theirs..

Car reg no is V676 LJB if you wanted to check..

I'm in Fishponds..

Does look like it might be different, the obvious difference appears to be piston diameter non quattro 38mm quattro 41mm.

hope that helps