Suitable hose for fuel line?

coyle

From Show... to GO
Reaction score
Im replacing my fuel hoses, just the 2 short ones which go on to the fuel rail.

i think there about 40cm each, so if i buy a metre it will be plenty.

Stainless Steel Braided Fuel Hose 8mm 5/16" I.D - 1 m on eBay (end time 12-Mar-11 11:18:42 GMT)

will that be ok? as i know not all hose withstands constant use with petrol.

If so, can i just cut the right length, and fit it, like i would any other ribber/silicone hose? and secure with a jubilee clip?

or do i need a rubber type finisher, as found here 8MM STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED FUEL HOSE FINISHERS CLIPS on eBay (end time 24-Feb-11 10:59:12 GMT)

I stupidly ordered 1metre of fuel resistant silicone, but its not suitable for constant use :(

So is it ok to cut the braided fuel line? How do you cut it length, cant imagine you can use a stanley knife lol! Also can you use normal jubilee clips to secure it or do you have to use the rubber style end's like in coyle's second link?

Im using the silicone, its rubber inside so perfect for fuel.

To cut braided hose, masking tape it, and hack saw it :)

Braided hose high press fuel hose would be your best diy option, as said cut with hacksaw. Iv used it a few times and seems to be durable. Other option would be to get an hose + hydraulics centre to make up a hose of your design with specified banjo and push fit connections, but that can be costly. What are wrong with you standard lines dude?

I'll just stick to the braided hose.

Their 11 year old now mate and they look like they've seen better days, also im going to ultrasonicly clean the FPR and injectors and dont want any foreign debris going back through them. Plus the shiney braided hose will look nice :) haha.

i didnt like the look of the braided stuff.
but the silicone looks great, i'll get some pics up tomorrow hopefully.

going to rebuild it if ive got time :D cant wait, its been off the road 3weeks

Coyle you got those pics yet? Also where did you source the silicone from?