superkarls overhaul

The MC has had to be done the past two times my brakes have been bled, mine went straight to the floor until it was done.

Nice job on the refurb dude that looks ace!

Here's a picture of my last S3 in black lowered with the same wheels to give you an idea.

s3lkside3.jpg

Thanks for all the input and advise, I appreciate it, good and bad.
I agree on the lowering too, il prob go for the kit you got westle, yours looked really good and it was a fair priced kit from a reputable brand. I am happy for now though ride height wise, I thought it would look jacked up but it doesn't. Shocks and springs with the rear powerflexed is my next mod, however I've got to prioritize the 4wd first, I may need a new controller I'm not sure yet.

The free transfer of the reg means the dvla won't charge you 60 quid to put it on the car, whereas buy a reg from elsewhere and you'l have to pay the 60 pound. It's a good deal.

As for the brakes, mc will be done. Beachbuggy you mention a tank being drained? Could you explain more?
I originally bled them with engine off Obv, and the peddle felt ok, but once starting it it then went to the floor, due to the abs pump priming I thought is that right? I was considering bleeding With engine or ignition on. Should I? Shouldn't I?

engine off and bleed the mc with a pressure bleeder kit, IIRC this is how mine was done a Bill's. and the pedal feels gooood now.

Nice looking motor Beachbuggy. The more I see those wheels the more I'm thinking about giving up with my S4 Avus dream and geting some RSTTs for a lot cheaper.

Well if it helps, here's my ming'er with RSTT's in OE silver (not lowered though). I'm very temtped to have them re-done in a grey colour to match the grey plastics, a little like superkarls...

P1010696.JPG

P1010531.JPG

Trial fit only, but still...

b.jpg

Hahaha!

I'm guessing your names Dave funkyjunky? Funky Dave. They still look great in a fresh bright silver, I'm a big fan of It lookin oe. I was just being bold I suppose.

Westle if I was you and could actually find some s4 avus I'd go with them, purely for rarity, they do look superb.

Stop showing me RSTTs you ********!

:p

Hahaha!

I'm guessing your names Dave funkyjunky? Funky Dave. They still look great in a fresh bright silver, I'm a big fan of It lookin oe. I was just being bold I suppose.

Westle if I was you and could actually find some s4 avus I'd go with them, purely for rarity, they do look superb.

Yeah it's Dave, I used to have the plate spaced differently and it looked great but I got tired of the fuzz pulling me for it. The forum username seemed like a good choice 8 years ago, I keep meaning to get around to changing it to something less $hit!

If I had the choice I'd probably own a set of RSTT's and a set of S4's as I change my mind on which I prefer on a daily basis.

600 for tires?! 888's or somethin!? Lol.

Are you lookin for original s4's? Makes finding them even harder.
There's an s4 look a like round mine that has a set he doesn't deserve! (Evil face)

Westle, if you enquire about pricing again ask them if they'd do you a discount for buying two sets but one without rubber ;)

My mate did his research on reviews on those tires and theyre in top 3 most of the time, and well suited to British weather. I then did my own googlin on them and thought for 300 quid (camskill) and how well they're rated, how can some brands that are near twice the price be so much better. The differences are gonna be minimal. Aaannd , falken drift team and time attack team use them, pub ammo lol.

Last edited:
:laugh: I nearly made that joke earlier, but I didnt want to be responsible for another derail haha

Beachbuggy you mention a tank being drained?

I was saying that you need to keep an eye on the brake fluid reserviour to ensure it doesn't run dry when you pressure bleed. If it does then you need to do the ABS pump otherwise it doesn't need to be done.

i had the same problem like 2 weeks ago when i fitted my brembo shizz! i must have bled my whole system (inc clutch!!) literally about 15 times! definately an 8mm spanner for the one near the bulk head and a socket for the one tucked away abit. even after all that bleeding they still didnt seem right but after about 30 miles the pedal just stiffened right up and now it has epic braking ;)

They are 6 or 7mm for the master cylinder, I had to borrow a set of mini spanners from my mate to bleed mine, though I undid it with a deep socket first, I used a mini spanner and a plastic tube for zero spillage.

ive just put a full set of falken 452's on.
Ive only been on them for about 5 days or so but they seem good. No wheel spin at the moment
There amazing for the price !

Blead my master cylinder. from the furthest nipple was a mahoosive bubble that was about 2 inches long in the pipe followed by loads of little bubbles, feels fine now. a little spongy but i can bleed the whole system again i suppose.

been loving driving it again, feels very tight and solid, steering is direct. there is room for improvement though through getting alignment done, so i've booked into Awesomegti for 11th may, £99 all in, this sound ok?
hopefully this will complete everything ive done so far.
i can tell it needs doing, bit twitchy on bumps at higher speeds and pulls slightly to the left under hard braking. i know theres some tracking settings on here somewhere that have been tried and tested so il find them and see what awesome think to them.

next thing is to buy new powerflex arb bushes all round, they look a little shot and the arb needs cleaning up. hopefully i can unbolt them but not remove, and fit the bushes and clean them up on the car. This will hopefully mount them more solid and they'l work more effectively to the best they can. Will probably upgrade the rear to an r32 one in the future like but that wont be for some time.

I'm in desperate need of a 4 wheel alignment! My tracking is out so bad that the inside of both my front tyres are bald.

I dont want to get it done till i've had my CV gaitor changed but I'm waiting on my mechanic to book my car in as he's so busy at the moment.

I'm sure my steering rack bush could do with being changed too but it looks like a total ball ache to change!

The difference is amazing once you get it 4 wheel aligned, i paid £100 so its not overpriced,
Mine was twitchier then a crack head before, and at speed felt like it was trying to pull into oncoming traffic....

ahhhh i cant wait now, thats great to know it will be money well spent.

im also wondering though, will it need to be re-done when i overhaul the rear bushes?
but then i cant see how anything is adjustable on the rear to affect the alignment, i dont have adjustable tie arms.

westle the steering bush was a pain in the ****, im unsure of the difference it will really make so i wouldnt worry. the bush i took off was fine to be honest, and not much softer than a poly one.

ahhhh i cant wait now, thats great to know it will be money well spent.

im also wondering though, will it need to be re-done when i overhaul the rear bushes?
but then i cant see how anything is adjustable on the rear to affect the alignment, i dont have adjustable tie arms.

QUOTE]
Technically Yes because they will set it to your tired bushes, and the tighter new ones will alter the result, you could ask them if they would redo the rears at a good price as everything will be easy to get off to adjust...Or wait while its all done..?
Ive got a ball joint at the front that has started knocking, so im a bit ****** about that, but should hopefully get away with front tracking...

but how do they adjust the rears anyway? im gonna try and get away with it, it needs doing now and i dont really want to wait another say month until i do the rear. looking at the rear now it looks like there is quite alot of camber.