Help with bleeding brakes and ABS pump after total fluid loss please.

S3 Paul

Reaction score
After a serious brake issue i now need to bleed my brake system from scratch,
Including the Vag Com ABS bleeding ,
Is there a guide for this? I never realy found a good link after about an hour of looking,
Also i think i saw somebody put a post up a while ago about bleeding the master cylinder as well?
Its a 2001 S3 with brembo set up if that makes any odds?

Many thanks

It's not difficult to do on your own Paul, if you have an Eazibleed kit. Once that's pressurised, you just undo the bleed nipples and make sure the brake fluid never runs out in the bottle. With the ABS pump, you just plug your vagcom in and activate ABS pump, it will just buzz away as you bleed your brakes as normal.

Master cylinder requires a deep socket set, I think it was 6mm. I undid it first with the deep socket, then just tightened it up lightly with a mini ring spanner before I hooked up and pressurised the eazibleed kit, then it was like bleeding the brake calipers, a piece of cake, even for some whose never done it before like me.

ok pal.
****** car is driving me round the twist just lately

ezibleed for diy bleeding with pressure!
no more than 20psi else you may pop the resevoir off the m/c (as me how I know this - lol)
i have never found cycling the abs pump in vagcom to be effective vs pressure bleeding

paul
id your car pink ?

You make it sound so easy lol..... i fitted a new master cylinder and it's been a total pain bleeding the brakes..... they still aint right.... i've used a oneway valve , a preasurised system, cycled the ABS with Vag-com ( you need registered version for this ) i've even made a DIY vacuum system to pull the fluid through and it's still not right..... passed it's MOT though the way it is so at the mo it's work in progress