CONCAVE ALLOYS

rui7

Reaction score
Hi,

Any one know any good UK/EU sites where they've bought concave alloys from?

any pics of your concave alloys too would be great!! I love the love of them, especially in gun metal grey.

Im thinking of buying a set but cant find any decent looking sets.

Rui

GENUINE BBS CH are concave and look great but you're looking £1500 for a set. The replicas can't seem to get the concave effect right and look cr@p.

Other than that you need some drift rims, have a look at www.rarerims.co.uk for their Rota range.

Hey,

wow, that is pricey!!

Thanks for the link.

Ive seen some VW golfs with nice concaves on them and also on some BMW 6 series.

22012011365.jpg

22112010339.jpg

22112010338.jpg

these are some pics of my bbs ch reps they have a bit of concave they are 9j as the 8j were almost flat i found these very similar to the original bbs ch wheels i look at both of these and for the extra £1050 for genuines i found it was pointless

Last edited:
Concave is usually associated with RWD cars where the manufacturer wants to keep the same design as the front wheel but in order to gain better traction at the rear meaning a wide rear wheel, the spokes need to stretch inwards to maintain the same structural integrity. The other options is to have dished wheels like the BBS LM where they just increase the dish depth at the rear. You'll find a lot of 'scene' boys will use rear wheels from a RWD on the front and back to acheive the effect, baring in mind that the wheels aren't 10" wide however several wheel manufacturers now make Drift series wheels which give 'the look' of concaved front and rear. The Rota range are very good but fitment may be a pain as they're predomintently made in the PCD/ET of Jap cars.

I cant seen photos for some reason.

22012011365.jpg

22112010339.jpg

22112010338.jpg

these are some pics of my bbs ch reps they have a bit of concave they are 9j as the 8j were almost flat i found these very similar to the original bbs ch wheels i look at both of these and for the extra £1050 for genuines i found it was pointless

Paul get some full blown pics of your car up please mate, it looks good!!

Had a look at the ABT sight and they don't show any wheels for the A3 8L model. didnt see any nice concaves on their site either.

Im looking for a black/matt black concave alloy. 17' or 18'.

Yea your wheels have a nice slight concave look.

I found these on alloywheels.com. They dont have a side profile view though to show how concave they are but they look ok.

What do yous think?

Rota Grid Drifts is probably what you're after mate. They do them in a gunmetal finish.

Here's a pic of a mate of mine's Golf Mk4 4motion.

CPandplayerspics050.jpg

Hey,

cheers for the photo!

Yes, that is the kind of look Im looking for. Looks great.

Do you know what size wheels he has and are the font and back wheels identical in spec and is he using wheel spacers on the back?