Wandering all over the road...

SiGainey

Reaction score
OK, the S3's starting to get on my nerves now (gone through the honeymoon period lol) as she's wandering all over the road following every bump and camber change out there...

The wishbone bushes look fine but it's done 100K miles, so nothing's going to be new is it ;) I'll do the track rod ends as they are cheap and was then going to get it 4 wheel aligned in the hope that sorts the problem out. Are there any known worn bushes that should be replaced that affect the geometry?

Last edited:
front wishbone bushes tend to be the issue with the rear ones of the wishbone being voided and wearing badly... fix for this is to replace the front bushes of the wish bone with poweflex as the later arms (like yours) will have the larger voided bush (alloy insert) and replace the rear bushes of the wishbone with solid TT style bushes as the powerflex ones split after a short time... I posted links in a recent thread here...

Get the lot aligned after....

I have also seen this on my car as the front tyres get low on tread... mine has zero toe settings and is fine on new tyres but as they reach the wear limit they do seem to want to follow every bump in the road...

<tuffty/>

Cheers for the reply fella - i'm 99% sure the rear wishbone ones are the none voided ones as I've had mk4 golfs so I know what the voided ones look like. The front tyres are cr*ppy p600 ditch finders that are running a bit low so it could be them having an effect but I think a good camber / caster / toe session will make her behave haha