AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Unhappy Fuel Pump / Relay help

so my engine stuttered and cut out on me going round the M25 fri.

So anyway narrowed it down to being the fuel pump and the relay.

So after visiting GSF i got the relay and pump, however i was given relay 409 as a replacement.

The problem is i cannot find 409 in my relay box or one that is a close equivalent.

The Car is a 2000 A3 1.8t with an AGU engine. No matter where i look i cannot find much information on what relay i should have, although 409 is mentioned frequently as the fuel pump relay. But its not in my relay box.

any help would b appreciated, i really need the car up and running tomorrow,

Thanks

Aaron

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hello there. My friend is also driving an A3 which he bought it as a second hand a couple months ago. Just last week, he also encounter a problem on his fuel pump relay and needs a replacement of it. He was also given a 409 as a replacement. Since he is still not quite familiar with his car, he also can't locate where to replace that 409 so we're both wondering if you were able to pinpoint it's location. Hoping you could update this post and share where it is.
    Last edited by andymish; 23rd February 2011 at 01:27.

1st Gear

Status
    im also trying to find fuel pump relay any one know where it is

6th Gear

Status
    Relay 409 is located behind the panel under the steering column / above where the pedals are - on the bottom row of relays, 4th relay from the left.

(Bottom row should be: 1) Horn Relay No.53, 2) Ignition Relay No.100, 3:Blank / unknown, 4) Fuel Pump No.409)

Hope that helps (and makes sense, it's too early in the morning for me to be even vaguely understandable normally!)
    Imteyaz.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Imteyaz View Post
    Relay 409 is located behind the panel under the steering column / above where the pedals are - on the bottom row of relays, 4th relay from the left.

(Bottom row should be: 1) Horn Relay No.53, 2) Ignition Relay No.100, 3:Blank / unknown, 4) Fuel Pump No.409)

Hope that helps (and makes sense, it's too early in the morning for me to be even vaguely understandable normally!)
    cheers mate thats great help. i spoke to audi this morning and found out my amk has two fuel pump relays one under bonnet by bulk head.

3rd Gear

Status
    revisiting a long dead thread here...But, my car has recently struggled to start first time. Is taking two tries at least these days, sometimes 3. Could fuel relay be part of it?

I haven't noticed any struggling when I get moving, it's just starting from cold that it struggles with

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm having the same issue with occasional not starting.. squirrel have you changed the fuel pump relay? any improvement?
    2000 A3 1.8T Sport | Black Leather | Bose
    http://www.solvetheweb.co.uk

RGL
    Free breather

Status
    Any noticeable patterns in the not-starting?

i.e.
    it doesn't start when it's cold?
    it doesn't start when the car has sat for a while?
    It doesn't want to start when the car is warm?

or is it completely random?