Forge dump valves

scotty_24

Reaction score
Hello, Ive just traded in my Polo and bought a 51 plate Audi S3.

I know the VAG 1.8t engine is recirc, so will a dump valve cause issues as metered air will be lost?

Forge do a oo7p and a split r, im confused as to the difference between them!
A split r seems to recirc and be atmospheric, the 007p seems to be fully recirc.
I want a dump valve but Im totally confused as to what to buy.

Cheers

get a 007p mate, ive got a split R and its akward to tweak to get it performing right (even on fully recirc!) so im just ordering a 007p now funnily enough!

Will I get a tssshh sound from the 007p? I know It sounds chavvy but I really want one.
However, I want to do it right and not cause any problems.

Thanks for the help

if you get a silicone TIP and open cone filter you will get a very nice sound, mine made a really loud dump noise even with my standard DV with that setup

Ive now got a jetex panel filter and I can hear the recirc "tssshhh" sound now :)
I dont like the sound if the splitter screwing up my car so im going to get a 007p.
2 questions:

1) Will the tssshh dump noise be louder with a 007p?
2) Is the awesome GTI 007p just a rebrander and cheaper forge 007p?
Cheers guys

forge 007p will be best mate also you can get service kits for these . and you might need open cone filter to get the loud noise from dv.

I have a forge 007p and i personally think its mainly for the performance than the sound!
So its not very loud! But you can clearly hear it!

2) Is the awesome GTI 007p just a rebrander and cheaper forge 007p?
Cheers guys

The awesome GTI 007p is an actual forge 007p. They must have done a deal with forge to do it. They come in the forge boxes etc. Had one on my old mk4 20vt gti. That with standard tip and airbox was barely noticaeable, but on my mk2 golf 20vt i had a silicone tip with a big JR cone filter and my my that dumped with a nice big tttttttttttsssssssssssssssccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Yeah i got my one from awesome, didnt realise it would come with their massively tacky AWESOME logo engraved into it though!! Looks *****!