valuation A3 P Reg 50k 1.8t

I

imported_Tariq

hi guys i'm just about to pick up an audi a3 its a 1.8t with 50k on the clock and just wanted to know what the cars worth!!

any help would really be appreciated

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

P reg, aboout £5000 - £5500 maybe, i havent really seen any 1.8T much cheaper than that!

is that even with the milage!! I'll level i'm getting the car its on a cat D and plan on doing an s3 conversion front and rear bumpers, side skirts, spoiler and wheels!!

DO you reckon i'd get £6.5k for it?

P reg on a Cat D with 50k id say more like £4k if repaired. Ring a trader ask what they'll pay for it and stick £1500 for private (as traders are cheeky this time of year), that'll give you a realistic price.

Cat D absolutely murders the value and a lot of people won't touch them.

I used to have an absolutely mint low-mileage J-reg Golf GTi 16v Mk2 in black with black leather which ought to have sold quicker than vodka chasers in Ibiza but which I absolutely struggled to sell it for anything near what such a car would ordinarily be worth because it was a Cat D.

It means Category D write-off. Category C and D mean written off but repairable. C indicates car was more severly damaged than a D. D often indicates stolen/recovered. Category A & B write-offs indicate serious damage and can only be broken for parts and it is illegal to repair them.

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Plz pardon my ignorance but what is a CAT D - obviously to do with the cat but whats the D part?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I am wrong but I think its to do with insurance write offs. Dependant on the damage if an insurance company writes a car off they give it different categories. Cat A- D I think with Cat A being the worst damage through to Cat D which is probably not that much damage.

My Insurance once wrote off a 7 year old car because the cost of repair was more than £1000. I received the payment (£2000) and purchased the car back for £250, bought a new wing and sills and re-bolted the front bumper back on, all for a cost, including painting of £200 and ran the car for 2 year trouble free before selling it on for £600.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

i just thought as i'd be doing something special to ir /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif (s3 bits) i'd get around the 6.5k mark!!

cars on for abit much though but then again it is a 1.8t

I think you'd struggle to get what you want for it regardless of the S3 bits

i brought my audi A3 R reg 1.8T sport with 47k on the clock in the summer for £6500 off of a salesman as a trade in, i looked in the glasses book today and the trade price is now £5700 with the low milage, hope this helps you decide but if i was offered a CAT D i would have run a mile, your potentially opening a can of worms!