FMIC installing this weekend

Turboman-a3

speed thrills
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm finally getting round to fitting my turborevs intercooler kit this weekend to my agu 1996 a3 anything I should prepare myself for or will it be pretty straightforward?? Cheers guys

I think even if you have the forge FMIC which is made to fit it's still not straight forward! Everyone I know who has installed a FMIC has had some sort of issue with getting the bumper back on ;)

I'm saving this job till the sun is out so I can at least get a tan while i'm fighting to get the bumper and fog lights back on.

Easy enough on the AGU dude, no MAP sensor to worry about.

Just remember that the outlet pipework comes downt he left hand side of the engine, other than that, you should be fine really.

Hey guys I've fitted it took about 3 hours or so but I'm now boosting up to 18psi?? I've got a straight through exhaust an induction kit but surely I shouldn't be boosting that I was only boosting 8-9psi before? Will ut go bang?? Lol

Don't drive it! It's going to blow up.
Go back and read the how to thread linked in the first reply to this thread, and you'll see that an n75 take off is required. This should be done with a hose tail drilled and tapped (then sealed) into the first pipe off the turbo. A more pikey way of doing it would be to somehow T into the dv hose as a quick fix

I dunno about that, I've had the same kit fitted on one of my A3's for 3 years now, without a single problem. IAT's never exceed 30 degrees, even at 24psi of boost in summer, and I've not had any leaks of problems at all. I think it's brilliant for the money.

It does however, need some thought to fit it properly and safely.

I think I meant more the fact that it's technically not a 'complete kit' by any means. It also seemed more like a random selection of pipes thrown together that 'just about' fit imo. Not seen one done right where the pipework sits right at the front. Took mine off in the end because I hated the look of the thing.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I do agree with you on the performance. I can't dispute my car ran well with it on.

Last edited:
So now that I've got the noob mistake sorted lol I'm guna look to the remap I think I'm guna go r-tech I've heard good things just a shame I got to travel 150 odd miles but i hear it's worth it

So now that I've got the noob mistake sorted lol I'm guna look to the remap I think I'm guna go r-tech I've heard good things just a shame I got to travel 150 odd miles but i hear it's worth it

Badger 5 is closer ;P

<tuffty/>

I do know what you mean, I never got mine 100% level.

Will be painted black soon though, so should be too obvious

gallery_168_26_313535.jpg

I have that kit fitted to my A3, luckily it was already on when I got the car, so no fitting headachs for me, few, but I must say I like the more perposeful look, rather than the, should I say it, boring standard front end, although keeping the ali nice and shiney is a real pain.