JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

first post with my first problem (clunking steering)

Hello my name is Callum new to the audi scene i was previously a fiesta boy!

but it was time for a change and the VAG scene has always appealed to me so i recently purchased a 51 plate 1.8T a3 with s3 recaros and the bose sound system as optional extras great car nice change to my stripped out fiesta track toy!
    My problem im currently having is that when im turing into a parking space or doing some form of maneuver im getting a loud clunk from i believe the driver side suspension. It sounds like the spring is jumping out of place. I think it could be the suspension top mounts have perished? as something smilier happened on my fiesta. But im welcome to any ideas you might have as im still new to the Audis.

Are these the correct top mounts for my car cause im going to fit coilovers too soon and figured i might aswell replace these whilst im their.

Pair VW Mk4 Golf Bora, Audi A3 Front Top Mount Kits OEM on eBay (end time 18-Feb-11 16:05:38 GMT)

Thank you for your time hopefully will have more things to talk about in the future as i have some plans for this car.

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Nice Fez! Missus had a crappy 1.3 before she baught the A4, i managed to sneak some Z-S alloys onto it and blacked out the headlights too, which made it look a lot better!

I'd get the car up in the air and have a good poke around before spending any money!

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Hulk Smash!

Status
    Yep they will fit.
    there was a post a while ago that LCR topmounts will also fit and are stiffer.
    Its usually the top bearing which seizes - making it sound like the spring is jumping.

Reverse Gear

Status
    awesome thanks mate will get them ordered with the collies then!