JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

power steering pump

hi all,
    I have a little problem with my power steering pump after playing in the snow, oops.
    When i drive normaly the steering heavy but not to bad, but as i drop the revs for a tighter corner i have little assistance from the pump. Parking is a nightmear, i have to keep the revs high and turn the wheel, all the pump dose is grone at me on full lock.
    I have changed the belt hoping that would solve it, but no, afrade not.
    Fluid is clean, with no visable leaks, fluid is bang on the mark.
    With the wheels of the ground i tyied high reving and turning the wheel to full lock left and right. The pump has a slight vibration to it when i placed my finger on the housing. I believe this could be a bearing of some sort, never taken one appart so only gessing but it felt like it to me. The pump also groned as i did this, full lock both sides.
    Ihave looked on the net for one, but without a part number (audi will not give it to my), its hard work trying to get the right one.
    I have also here`d i could get one from a vw jetta or golf, is this correct ?
    Any help please.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi i did the same thing in the snow last year lol it ended up be the pump i had to take it off to get th part number as there is a few choices once i fitted the new pump i had p.a.s again hope tis helps.

6th Gear

Status
    have you checked the fuild level? If it's low it can make the steering heavy

Ross_S4

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chimp1967 View Post
    without a part number (audi will not give it to my)
    Call another dealer, give the parts guy you chassis no and ask for the part number. first guy sounds like a d*ck. I have never had an issue like that with the parts guys up here who are always helpful.

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chimp1967 View Post
    hi all,
    I have a little problem with my power steering pump after playing in the snow, oops.
    When i drive normaly the steering heavy but not to bad, but as i drop the revs for a tighter corner i have little assistance from the pump. Parking is a nightmear, i have to keep the revs high and turn the wheel, all the pump dose is grone at me on full lock.
    I have changed the belt hoping that would solve it, but no, afrade not.
    Fluid is clean, with no visable leaks, fluid is bang on the mark.
    With the wheels of the ground i tyied high reving and turning the wheel to full lock left and right. The pump has a slight vibration to it when i placed my finger on the housing. I believe this could be a bearing of some sort, never taken one appart so only gessing but it felt like it to me. The pump also groned as i did this, full lock both sides.
    Ihave looked on the net for one, but without a part number (audi will not give it to my), its hard work trying to get the right one.
    I have also here`d i could get one from a vw jetta or golf, is this correct ?
    Any help please.
    Mate, google is your friend.

Let me google that for you

The first link will give you the answer you need. An ASN link as well....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson