power steering pump

chimp1967

Reaction score
hi all,
I have a little problem with my power steering pump after playing in the snow, oops.
When i drive normaly the steering heavy but not to bad, but as i drop the revs for a tighter corner i have little assistance from the pump. Parking is a nightmear, i have to keep the revs high and turn the wheel, all the pump dose is grone at me on full lock.
I have changed the belt hoping that would solve it, but no, afrade not.
Fluid is clean, with no visable leaks, fluid is bang on the mark.
With the wheels of the ground i tyied high reving and turning the wheel to full lock left and right. The pump has a slight vibration to it when i placed my finger on the housing. I believe this could be a bearing of some sort, never taken one appart so only gessing but it felt like it to me. The pump also groned as i did this, full lock both sides.
Ihave looked on the net for one, but without a part number (audi will not give it to my), its hard work trying to get the right one.
I have also here`d i could get one from a vw jetta or golf, is this correct ?
Any help please.

hi i did the same thing in the snow last year lol it ended up be the pump i had to take it off to get th part number as there is a few choices once i fitted the new pump i had p.a.s again hope tis helps.

have you checked the fuild level? If it's low it can make the steering heavy

hi all,
I have a little problem with my power steering pump after playing in the snow, oops.
When i drive normaly the steering heavy but not to bad, but as i drop the revs for a tighter corner i have little assistance from the pump. Parking is a nightmear, i have to keep the revs high and turn the wheel, all the pump dose is grone at me on full lock.
I have changed the belt hoping that would solve it, but no, afrade not.
Fluid is clean, with no visable leaks, fluid is bang on the mark.
With the wheels of the ground i tyied high reving and turning the wheel to full lock left and right. The pump has a slight vibration to it when i placed my finger on the housing. I believe this could be a bearing of some sort, never taken one appart so only gessing but it felt like it to me. The pump also groned as i did this, full lock both sides.
Ihave looked on the net for one, but without a part number (audi will not give it to my), its hard work trying to get the right one.
I have also here`d i could get one from a vw jetta or golf, is this correct ?
Any help please.

Mate, google is your friend.

Let me google that for you

The first link will give you the answer you need. An ASN link as well.... :)