JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    shanejess

CHROMED INLET MANIFOLD AND CHARGE PIPE

i know where these are for sale, they havnt been fit to a car as they were done for a mk1 golf and then the money bags owner changed their mind and went down the 3.2 route. its the bam engine manifold ive checked that ie throttle boddie on the right. they really do look good as anyone got any picis of their S3 with chromed manifold and pipe, i think im going to make a cheeky bid.

2. # ADS
    ADS

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    i polished my charge pipe. mirror finish. obv not quite chrome though. i've thought about getting it done as i can get it cheap

shanejess
    didnt know you could polish up the charge pipe, mine is a mat grey colour.

shanejess
    picis

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Pics tomoro, its too dark now lol. I stripped the grey coating with nitromors then used a wire drill attachment followed by some cutting compound and a buffer attachment.

From Show... to GO

Status
    i dropped my intlet manifold, charge pipe, rocker cover and throttle body off to be mirror polished today.
    cant wait to get them back.

theres a lad selling them on pistonheads for 180, but you have to send him your unpolished bits in return

shanejess
    i bet you carnt wait, please post picis when their refitted please.

From Show... to GO

Status
    oh i will! ive got sum pics of the ones the lads selling but dont know how to upload them as there not on photobuckrt etc, just on my harddrive

1st Gear

Status

i got my charge pipe done, going get the inlet manifold done soon

[

5th Gear

Status
    im getting mine done by the same guy mate spoke to him today cannot wait
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

shanejess
    what guy, need info please.

1st Gear

Status
    vince?

From Show... to GO

Status
    vince was doing mine, 150 i offered and he said yeh, but for me to post my bits to him would be 30ish

so went to the local metal polisher who is doing the whole lot for 100, he showed me pics of stuff he's done before, and was midway through doing a manifold which looked amazing.

last year he polished a set of wheels for me very cheap!

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Are you sure these are polished and not chrome plated?

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Mine looks like that in the pic, just polished. I could do with doin it more to be honest. I did my strut brace too

From Show... to GO

Status
    Yeh they are polished not chromed dave.
    Works alot better, looks great to

5th Gear

Status
    iv asked him to do my strutt brace too just waiting on a reply he said he will send me wha i want swop them over to my car and then send mine to him
    be need to leave a 100 deposit he will give it back when receives them

what throttle body will it be cos i dont want it to be any other crap than genuin
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

From Show... to GO

Status
    Yep thats what he told me, i was worried about the TB too, and condition of the other bits, thats why im just having my own stuff polished. Saved myself alot of money this way too.

Cant you find a local polisher and go in for a price?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coyle View Post
    Yep thats what he told me, i was worried about the TB too, and condition of the other bits, thats why im just having my own stuff polished. Saved myself alot of money this way too.

Cant you find a local polisher and go in for a price?
    i could but my car would be off the road then and dont realy want it to be only getting turbo pipe and strutt bar done anyway