s3 performance exhausts

Sounds good Rob, I look forward to hearing it. Mine is booked for this weekend but I'm a little less confident in the company now and may rebook elsewhere. If they'll do it, get them to reduce the pipe from 3" to 2.5" rather than flange it and create a 'wall', as such which will block flow a little more.

yes mate, thats what the chap will be doing...all the flange's are 3" the pipe work will reduce to the 2.5"

i've yet to book mine in yet...need to get a bit more cash together :) hopefully this time in 3 weeks all will be complete

waiting for my exhaust bloke to let me know...hopefully end of the month :)

let me know how yours goes bud

Milltek cat back £465 non resonated had mine fitted a few weeks ago....sounds like standard until you put your foot down.... Understated but you know it's there

I'll get a video up ASAP, I have a decent bridge camera with HD recording which should do the trick. I'm hoping for something quite loud so be prepared :)

Well well, I have no vids just yet but this thing is insane. It's loud yes, well I say loud when it's more like a new exhaust that needs sooting up, a little raw. It's popping, banging, burbling and maybe even flaming but who knows. It's a true 3" turbo back system with 200cell cat and one rear cylindrical silencer. The job they've done looks absolutely fantastic so throw out your prejudgement of all Longlife centre's, this one is very good. They spent about five hours on my car which is a while but I am glad, they took such care with it by the looks of it and the welding is great. I need to get a vid over this weekend for you Rob, maybe it's a personal thing but I got what I wanted :)

very very nice mate...whats it like at motorway cruising speeds 70-80mph?

It's not too bad, it drones a little but you can hold a conversation and listen to the radio. It is loud on start up though and when you hit boost its shouts at you. Not for the faint-hearted lol but it needs to bed in a little, does sound nice though.

cool, well that helps me quite a bit, hopefully mine will be a little quieter as im going for a small centre silncer and reducing he pipe work by 0.5" at the back end...no sports cat on mine though

just need to get mine on now...two weeks to wait :(

If I'd gone for a larger rear box or centre silencer then it would tame it down but I'm going to fun with this for a while and see how i get on :).

just had a phone call...mine should be booked in for next monday :)

It's not too bad, it drones a little but you can hold a conversation and listen to the radio. It is loud on start up though and when you hit boost its shouts at you. Not for the faint-hearted lol but it needs to bed in a little, does sound nice though.
I think it will get louder when its carboned up....lol

Good news dude, post up vids after. Louder possibly haha but more tuned sounding perhaps. I love it but its a relief to know its custom and i can alter it at any time.

i was looking at getting an exhaust system from long life i got a good price for a full 3" system but i currently have 2 cats on the car would i need 2 sports cats or could i just have 1? it would reduce the price quite a bit if i can have 1.

i have a 1.8tq 2001 plate

will do, im leaving it with them for the week as they are custom making my downpipe and want to do a proper nice job :)

Just the one Cat, Paul. I have one 200cell cat and it went through an MOT just fine :).

cheers jay just deciding on to get 3" full System with mid silencer as want an oval tip so miltek back box wouldnt work.
dont want it sounding like a 1.1 with a cherry bomb attached nice suttle sound on tick over and some noise when the turbo kicks in. a couple of pops and bangs would go down nicely

Subtle is not what mine is haha so I would advise using a large rear box on a 3" system.

so i would need a 3" down pipe with single 200cell cat with 3" mid section and miltek backbox would the resonated pipe between the cat and rear box make it to quiet? its hard to explain but if i took my bro's car with me could they get an idea from that he has a 330ci but it sounds so nice quiet on tick over then put your foot down and you just cream ur pants lol

should be collecting my car with the full turbo back exhaust fitted tomorrow...cant wait :D

Got the car back from my custom exhaust fabricators...the car sounds and looks awesome, however the best part is how well it goes :D

im so happy with the car, this is all down to the workmanship of the Mark @ Power and Performance in Honningham(norfolk) absolute top bloke and i would recommend him and his company to anyone :)

IMG00022-20110407-1911.jpg

IMG00023-20110407-1912.jpg

IMG00021-20110407-1911.jpg

IMG00020-20110407-1911.jpg

will do :) i have taken a few people out and done a couple of fly by's and the concensus is that it sounds awesome, my friends said its hard to describe the noise, but sounds nuts!! im chuffed to bits with it

Great news Rob! Would love to hear it.

I've made a quick sound clip of mine, not great quality but a little teaser until I get the HD camera out. I had to blur the video to hide my reg.

what power u guys runnin on 3 inch bore? im debating wether to go 3 inch from dp straight through to rear box or go 2.5 from decat ?

If your going custom mate, you may aswell go 3", the price will be minimal and itll be future proof being 3".

did it give u much more and was it similar gains to 2 .5 system?