SOME HELP PLEASE ABOUT WHEELS AND BRAKES

sweeney23

s23 swe
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
got porshe calipers think its gt3 or whatever there called on my car with 18" wheels and just bought standard s3 17" wheels but never actual thought with they fit on will they fit and if so do i need spacers or anything

i found i needed 10mm spacers with 18's, but that is rstt's. but with the 334's i could have thought they would fit hieght wise and 10mm spacers to be safe.

tom

Pm Andy_101 as im sure he was running standard wheels behind the Porsche kit (very very close though)

got porshe calipers think its gt3 or whatever there called on my car with 18" wheels and just bought standard s3 17" wheels but never actual thought with they fit on will they fit and if so do i need spacers or anything

Unfortunately its not easy to say without trying the wheels or having all the dimensions, it depends on exactly who made the brake kit your using and what offset the brackets and bells are, the caliper and disc size isnt enough info. What 18" wheels are you running? Its not neccesarily the diameter of the wheel thats important but more often the the offset and design of wheel spoke. For example standard 17" avus S3 wheels fit over the brembo junior kits but you need spacers to run the 18" RSTT's. From your post above do you already have the 17" S3 wheels? if so just try a wheel on and see if it clears.

Sweeney23- I am running the AMD Porsche calipers, fitted in 2002 and are from a 993 Turbo. I was running standard Avus 17" alloys with no spacers with no issues although the clearance on the calliper was marginal, only 2mm. When I fitted larger 19" alloys I needed 10mm spacers to avoid rubbing the inner arch on full lock. You should be able to fit standard 17" without any issues but it will be tight. Hope that helps?