suspension problems on early S3s?

god_thats_quick

Numptie of the highest order
Reaction score
Website
www.theregister.co.uk
Need some help guys,

I've been informed by Audi that I need to replace both rear dampers (one is leaking) and the nearside bottom ball joint at the front of the car. normal estimate of over £500.

Thing is I thought I'd get the work done at AMD as I thought they might be a little cheaper...

can't remember who I spoke at amd, but he says they have a known problem with the ball joints and Audi have released a new lower wishbone and ball joint to solve the problem, does anyone know if this is true, also has anyone else had similar problems and how much did it cost, because the guy at AMD was trying to say it would be £108 for each damper... where as it's £108 for two from audi???

suggestions? is it worth spending the small fortune (£800+) on what AMD suggest? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
god_thats_quick said:
Need some help guys,

I've been informed by Audi that I need to replace both rear dampers (one is leaking) and the nearside bottom ball joint at the front of the car. normal estimate of over £500.

Thing is I thought I'd get the work done at AMD as I thought they might be a little cheaper...

can't remember who I spoke at amd, but he says they have a known problem with the ball joints and Audi have released a new lower wishbone and ball joint to solve the problem, does anyone know if this is true, also has anyone else had similar problems and how much did it cost, because the guy at AMD was trying to say it would be £108 for each damper... where as it's £108 for two from audi???

suggestions? is it worth spending the small fortune (£800+) on what AMD suggest? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know there was a recall to do with ball joints but I think it was on the rear, not front.

GSF car parts have the ball joints at around £15 each, shocks £35ish each....good excuse to uprate though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adam

Thanks Adam,

seriously thinking of actually phoning Audi UK to get a straight answer, I must have had every known fault under the sun and it's starting to annoy me more than a little...

anyone else???