cheap mods

chukkieegg

Reaction score
as much as i would like to get a ecu remap finances wont stretch to it at present unless a cheap 1.8t sport quattro ecu wings it my way

as i said in an earlier post dont want to get extreme quite happy going for a max of 30 bhp over the standard 150 it is pushing the engine pulls well and turbo seems really responsive and it is the family car so a bit of a workhorse

so as mods will be slow what do you think i should do to get a bit more out of it

thinking for the time being a K&N panel filter or similar then what else can i do

cheers

Lee

Don't think filters do too much other than possibly make slightly more audible spool noise.
To be honest i'd say you are better mod wise doing one of two things, saving your money and getting some uprated suspension, transforming the handling and making your workhouse a lot of fun, or remap, dont think it'll cost you too much, i know a remap can be had on the S3 for under £250 so the A3 should be alot cheaper. Itll transform the car too.
Thats personally what i'd save for, cant think there are many other mods that will give you anything too noticable, just my opinion though.

as little as i can get away with

not looking for suspension or bigger wheel mods just a little bit more power and better engine breathing and not really looking at a exhaust decat systems but maybee from cat back if cheap enough

cheers

lee

right well type elite remaps into ebay, you post them your ecu (dead easy to remove) and they map it for you and send it back, ive had this on mine for 6 months now and im still well impressed with it!

as for an exhaust, what car have u got?