Opinions on gold alloys:

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Whats everyones views on gold alloys?
I have been toying with the idea for a long time now.

As Im hopefully getting my wheels refurbed withing the next month, im torn between standard silver or gold/ bronze.
Heres a photoshop i knocked up a while ago:
gold.jpg

C+C

They just remind me of the 90's, a set of gold BBS LM's or something like that might be alright. But on big flat S3 wheels they are a no for me.

Not a fan, think thats more of a scooby thing to do, doesnt really suit the S3 IMO.#
I'd say stick with silver

get them done and put them on a scooby

not for me!! ...unless you get yourself a purple suite and a a pimp cane!!

no not on yours , subaru yes ???? gunmtal would look good,

what about a leopard skin effect!? that would be epic surely

Is that the metallic green colour?
I've got that colour and i'm racking my brains trying to figure out what colour wheels to get.

looks quite retro not sure on the look though
definatly think white would look better
with white wing mirrors and bumper inserts and grill
thinking out the box!!:eyebrows:

Last edited:
sorry not a fan of the gold, maybe try a darker shade/more bronzey kind of like the volkl wheels if your set with that?

sorry no from me m8 bbs lm's yes i was toying with that idea a while ago but went with bbs ch in silver.

i can see where you coming from with the green and gold

black with gold lip ?
bit more suttle

Hmm, see where your all coming from.
however i much prefer oem alloys to aftermarket.. (will make an exception to bbs ch's - when i find £1200 lol)
Had another little play with a bronzy (volk esq)
and a light gunmetal.
IMGP2915.jpg

IMGP2916.jpg

Is that the metallic green colour?
I've got that colour and i'm racking my brains trying to figure out what colour wheels to get.

Yep, apparently its 'goodwood green'

Just get you wheels refurbed back silver, its so nice to see the original Avus 17" alloys on these cars in mint condition! If you wanna go for different colour its got to be split rims or somethin fancy like that IMO.

both look really nice in the second ps, the gunmetal rele compliments the green nicely