Sky InsuranceEM Tuning

Thread: Shes Back :)

6th Gear

Status

Shes Back :)

Well just been and picked the old girl up after having her heart transplant, well chuffed to have her back on the drive, ended up having a brand new Turbo put on too, the bill for it all wasnt very nice but i'm glad i went through with having the work done

Got to take it easy for 500-600miles and then go back to have the oil and filter changed, so hopefully I can now enjoy some trouble free motoring...

Think i'm going to go back to Jabba and have the boost wound back a bit, don't think i could go back to completely standard, but just make it a little more rod friendly.
    revo'd

2. # ADS
    ADS

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    What happened to the last engine Leggy?
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Bent a rod mate, did have a thread on here about it, think it was the torque that killed the rod, little bit paranoid about running the extra power now.

Spoke to the mechanic and he seems to think it'll be alright with a little extra power but not the full cheese burger,

Its when something like this happens where I think why didnt I just leave the car alone in the first place...
    revo'd

6th Gear

Status
    Could always go for another map? Jabba mapped cars i`ve been around are pretty much balls out and not very smooth delivery. Just seems like nothing and then all of a sudden everything at once instead of feeling it gradually build up. Like being punched in the back lol. My mates Fabia was done by them and he said graphs showed it being fairly non existant for a while then suddenly shot up. Got a different tune from elsewhere and it was a much smoother incline on the graph and is still as fast. Just dont get such a massive shove when power comes in.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Could always go for another map? Jabba mapped cars i`ve been around are pretty much balls out and not very smooth delivery. Just seems like nothing and then all of a sudden everything at once instead of feeling it gradually build up. Like being punched in the back lol. My mates Fabia was done by them and he said graphs showed it being fairly non existant for a while then suddenly shot up. Got a different tune from elsewhere and it was a much smoother incline on the graph and is still as fast. Just dont get such a massive shove when power comes in.
    Yeah i wondered that, thought about getting a CC map purely on the fact they are smooth right through the rev range which has got to be better for the rods...

Jabba did say they'd return it back to standard if I wanted for free, apparently they do qutie a few where people are looking to sell there cars, sneaky, no doubt the car then gets advertised as standard and never being mapped and abused...
    revo'd

Status
    Ouch mate, not nice. I haven't been on the forums for a while now so missed your thread. I'm just getting back into things with my motor again now.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Maz
    Moon is made of green cheese

Status
    Glad you've got her back mate and good luck with the new lump.

Can also unsterstand you being para about the jabba map but if I were you I would go elsewhere and get a new map. (APS would get my vote).

Mineral Grey [
    AMK
    ]

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Glad your sorted mate, i know its not rellevent now, but did you consider putting uprated rods in? and what was the damage ....lol

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Glad your sorted mate, i know its not rellevent now, but did you consider putting uprated rods in? and what was the damage ....lol
    I was thinking the same thing.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Its a pity really, if I'd of been better prepared the company the engine came from could of built one with uprated rods, then i'd of uprated the turbo too, but it wasn't to be, the engine was already delivered and waiting to be installed and money is bleak so the repair job on its own was enough, wasn't even sure whether the turbo would want replacing but my mechanic reckons it had play in it and couldn't say how long it would last so for the sake of 640 with my turbo chucked in I got a new one,

Well if you consider the engine is pratically brand new and cost over 2K and the turbo over 600 along with fluids and labour + vat you can probably guess a rough figure, cringing mate.

I still love it though...
    revo'd

Howdy

Status
    thought about getting a CC map purely on the fact they are smooth right through the rev range which has got to be better for the rods...
    Mine's not!
    Still not sure why... big fat torque spike at 3,500rpm. I need to get it seen to before my rods go pop.
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JS1500 View Post
    Mine's not!
    Still not sure why... big fat torque spike at 3,500rpm. I need to get it seen to before my rods go pop.
    I'd look at possibly changing the N75 valve, I'm changing mine as precaution...
    revo'd

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Ring Jabba and ask them mate, a few quid can dial the spike back i am sure.

She's a keeper now huh!.lol

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    Ring Jabba and ask them mate, a few quid can dial the spike back i am sure.

She's a keeper now huh!.lol
    Yeah i've spoke to Jabba, Mike has said it was most lightly the N75 or wastegate sticking causing the boost spike, i'm going to pop up and see them in a few weeks once i've covered the running in period for the engine.

I'll be keeping the car now definitly might as well now its got a new engine and turbo, be silly to get rid...
    revo'd

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    have you considered a 3inch badger TIP, that'l smooth out torque delivery and give you a bit of extra gogo, its a win win. if you get jabba to alter the map with that fitted, while lowering peak boost, it'l hold more for longer. imo thats the best route to go down without 'de tuning' it, whilst making possibly more power and torque levels safe.

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    I know your pain mate, and also know how good it is to have it back on the road. Happy driving.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson