AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    6th Gear

Status

Lowest MPG shown on the dash?

With the hike in fuel costs ive started to actualy care what the car is doing economy wise when driven to and from work ( boring in city runs )
    After a recent quick calculation i realised i was only managing 21 mpg avarage !
    To me in a mildly tuned car this is silly, So i decided that for the next week or so i would see if i could improve this... I reset everything on the dash display and selected the current mpg display.
    In the past i wondered just how low this reading would go... i never managed to see less than 11 mpg, With a little blast in third gear yesterday i saw 7.2 !
    I know this isnt a real reading but... same car so whats a miss? I think it may be time to log my fueling yet again .
    What MPG do others see? both on the dash and in reality??
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

2. # ADS
    ADS

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    in the morning i average about 16-18mpg
    booted it first week i got the car and the mpg went down to 4.2mpg
    motorway average about 35mpg

i do a lot of driving around town so just kills the petrol

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    is this the average mpg? or the real-time mpg?

average i get about 31-32 (mk is all long 60/70mph roads)

real time ive got as low as 8mpg in a second gear blast

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    i took my readings of the on board comp i know it lies slightly when you got half a tank it says you got 140mile it just likes to rob me 40 mile of the needle

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I averaged 7mpg average over a complete lap of the ring.....

Lowest I've seen the real time DIS go is 5mpg
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

2nd Gear

Status
    i wish my car was up in the 20's my average at the mo is 10.4mpg and ive been driving sensibly lately
    real time as low as 4mpg

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    lowest ever, 5.
    lowest average, bout 20
    highest average, 32 on way to germany

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Went out a while ago with a fellow member on here who had a VERY FAST RS6 avant and on that run we were getting 3mpg!!!

5th Gear

Status
    was getting 22mpg and then it all of a suden drop to lowest average, 18mpg
    highest average 29mpg when i bought it that soon changed tho
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    24.5 mpg average before + enjoying the benefits of the 3" TIP = 22.3 mpg average

6th Gear

Status
    Ah,
    well i used to manage 30 mpg combined, So this week will be boring.
    Driving like my mum is proving to be funless !
    But hopefully when i decide to open the car up again... she will feel fast again !
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

3rd Gear

Status
    I reckon the new beamers are the way forward 535D BMW 5-Series Saloon - 535d SE 4d Auto - Facts & Figures - Parker's ...better performance and better fuel economy than an S3 straight out of the box, plus easily mappable to a lot more power forum.bmw5.co.uk • View topic - Evolve 535d Remap Review !!!

6th Gear

Status
    S3 Revo

41mpg off boost

31-35 when late for work

9mpg when really late

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Went out a while ago with a fellow member on here who had a VERY FAST RS6 avant and on that run we were getting 3mpg!!!
    a friend of mine's next door nebour has a 9.2 chevy stingray with full crash box its basically a drag car he put a fiver in it as he stores it so dont wanna keep fuel in it any way.

he nipped back in the shop to get some cigs and left the car running it took him 2 mins at most and the car had drank a gallon of fuel.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post

Lowest I've seen the real time DIS go is 5mpg
    Just out of interest has anyone seen anything lower than 5mpg from the real time DIS -or is that the lowest it will go as a sort of default from Audi? e.g the highest is 200mpg IIRC.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

6th Gear

Status
    I average 33mpg mostly driving 50-70mph but I do sit in traffic to. Around 400miles per tank which I think is pretty good, sometimes more sometimes less....
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy199 View Post
    I average 33mpg mostly driving 50-70mph but I do sit in traffic to. Around 400miles per tank which I think is pretty good, sometimes more sometimes less....
    I completely understand that we all get between an average of 20-40 mpg depending on how you drive and what tune your car is at....however I am only interested in the real time DIS and the lowest people have seen it.

Was wondering if 5pmg is the lowest it will go as I can't seem to get it any lower! lol
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    I completely understand that we all get between an average of 20-40 mpg depending on how you drive and what tune your car is at....however I am only interested in the real time DIS and the lowest people have seen it.

Was wondering if 5pmg is the lowest it will go as I can't seem to get it any lower! lol
    Fair enough ! probably not a good idea trying to get it any lower unless you pass 6rpm. The highest MPG I can get is 200 (its restricted I imagine the lowest is also restricted to no less than 5mpg).
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    The lowest mine gets to is 6mpg and it will stay at that from 5,500 +
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power