Fitting Sony929u headunit

YTL2000

Reaction score
Went to fit my HU today and when fitted, i get static and interference from the front right speaker only. The cables i have from autoleads are all correct as the back speakers work. I was left with one red block with a single purple wire on it and the brown spade ccnnector that I assumed was an earthing point. Is the static something to do with the wiring or headunit? As once I put the old concert tape deck back in, it all worked fine. The front right does produce sound/music aswell.

Also, which OE headunit from the other Audi model range will fit as I prefer the OE look.

Thanks!

No that spare wire is an earth, should be connected to the HU chassis, but not essential. Sounds like a duff Sony HU to me, that is all it can be on the non Bose system, as the fronts run directly off the HU and the wiring and speaker must be OK if the stock HU runs fine. No others from non A3's will fit properly as the fascia is slightly different on each model. Depends why you want to swap really, more features or current one is knackered?
Get a Becker GP if you prefer the stock look, excellent HU although a bit pricey now, and doesn't need any wiring adapters.