audi s3 interior question

karls s3

Reaction score
hi i am new to this audi s3 forum i am looking to buy a s3 2001 but have a question ref interior ,
the car has black leather recaros but the door cards have blue inserts and i thought this only comes with the ones that have same on the seats is this true ..

The S3 with black seats ( like mine ) should have all black door cards.
Mine is Noggy blue but i wanted all black interia. The ones with blue in the seats have a blue section in the door cards... its one way or the other as i understand it

thats what i thought mate there is one for sale on auto trader with black seats and the blue bit on the door cards .

Are the front & back seats all black leather?

And are the front and rear panels blue?

Sounds like somebody didn't like the Black/Blue alcantara and swapped the seats for black leather without changing the door cards.

I'd be suspect of this car, meant to be on 46k which is low, though somebody has messed about with the interior and the car has face lift front lights which it should do and preface lift rear lights, don't like the look of it personally...

I'd be suspect of this car, meant to be on 46k which is low, though somebody has messed about with the interior and the car has face lift front lights which it should do and preface lift rear lights, don't like the look of it personally...

you got any pic of what i should look for as going to see car tomorrow morning. and not sure what to look out for

you got any pic of what i should look for as going to see car tomorrow morning. and not sure what to look out for

On my phone mate so cant put up pics. If you look through enough S3's you'll notice how the interiors work, that car your looking at should have the black and blue alcantara seats or black inserts in the door cards, like already said, reckon somebody has changed the seats for what ever reason...

another question not all of them have the chrome mirrors , also i see what you mean by rear light the face lifted models have large clear section in them,
also front head lights all one piece including indicator.

Quite a few things don't seem right. Look out for the service booklet and old receipts/MOTs, always the first things to be "missing" if a car has incorrect mileage.
Also it's a car dealer that has it so don't forget to count your fingers after he shakes your hand:)

Last edited:
Facelift had single-piece headlights, and larger indicator section on the rears. That car's got facelift headlights, but pre-facelift rears. Seems odd that they've changed out the seats (as opposed to the side panels, which could also be the case) so the interior doesn't match any more. Odd to see an after-market head-unit in an S3, too.

I'd say just avoid it. There's surely others out there for the same price that don't immediately pop red flags up throughout the community. Worth spending the time finding a good car that isn't going to end up costing you the same again to put right.

Looks clean enough, looks a decent garage with decent cars...hpi it and check all electrics make sure all warning lights come on the dash when ignition is on..etc.....

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole Karl!! I'd rather go and buy a higher mileage one that's straight!! In actual fact......I may just have a RED one for sale at around £5000. Ok, its got 127k on the clock but it's a straight car and it's been well loved!