Aero Wipers from VAG parts - Now where from? (pics)

s3mad_dude

Noggies ruuuule!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Here is a picture of my old Audi S3 with some Aero wipers that I bought from VAG Parts. It was in the Audi S3 section on their website and it came as a kit (arms and blades).

Now that VAG parts no longer exist, where can I buy them from? I bought some 8P A3 aero wiper arms and blades from Audi thosmorning but they are totally different.

The arms in the picture are identical to the standard Audi S3 wipers but have a different fitting where the aero wiper blade attaches. Are these perhaps Golf arms or something like that? And if so, what part numbers might they be so I can order some.

Cheers.

James.

All the very last mk4 golfs had them but for some reason the A3s didnt.

Thanks guys!! I think I have just found out the part numbers too

U1J2 955 410 D (ARMS)
U1J2 955 409 D

U1J2 955 425 B (BLADES)
U1J2 955 426 B

U1J0 955 205 A9 B9 (END CAP x2)

Polo 9N Rear Areo

U6Q6 955 707 C (ARM)

U6Q6 955 435 B (BLADE)

U7E0 955 425 (END CAP)

jabbasport sell some that will fit the standard wiper arms

WOW!... thats pricey!! they used to be around half that price... scrappy might be an idea... plenty of Golfs about so I would imagine a few end up there...

<tuffty/>

Just out of curiosity, do they work any better than the standard S3 wipers?

mk 5 golf driver side one fits just watch out for right fitting as there are 2 sorts

also mk5 golf rear aero is ok on S3

and yes they work better especially at higher speeds

I've been searching for scrappies for ages with no luck, there a popular part accross a lot of the VAG scene as the Seat & Skoda lads use 'em too..

I know it is fairly pricey buy they are brand new OEM parts and they are super cool :icon_thumright:

Retro fit blades suck balls IMO and look awful, i'll be ordering mine from Teesside in the next couple of weeks fo sho' :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I must of been lucky, I found a set at a scrappies with perfecty fine blades for £15

mine dont lift really but I know the old ones used to have a mind of their own at high speeds they went up the screen ok but struggled coming back down

can a uk ebay account holder gets these somehow? they appear to "exclude" Great Britain in the shipping rules :(

Are they that much from the dealers? Use to be £60 from vag parts, glad I got mine before they closed shop. Good upgrade IMO much better than the retro fit blades

just called the local VW dealer in kent.......

I got the following quote (btw the part number have changed a little but not a lot.....he was able to identify the replacements):

U1J2 955 410 D (ARMS) - £34.57+vat
U1J2 955 409 D - £34.57+vat

U1J2 955 425 B (BLADES) - £13.11 +vat
U1J2 955 426 B - £12.52 +vat

U1J0 955 205 A9 B9 (END CAP x2) - £1.08+vat (each)

Polo 9N Rear Areo

U6Q6 955 707 C (ARM) - £16.38 +vat

U6Q6 955 435 B (BLADE) - £6.08 +vat

U7E0 955 425 (END CAP) - £2.06 +vat

So rough totals are: £121 ex vat & £145 inc vat

:( .....maybe the ebay link for £117+£10 P&p isnt so far of the UK price tag.

just called the local VW dealer in kent.......

I got the following quote (btw the part number have changed a little but not a lot.....he was able to identify the replacements):

U1J2 955 410 D (ARMS) - £34.57+vat
U1J2 955 409 D - £34.57+vat

U1J2 955 425 B (BLADES) - £13.11 +vat
U1J2 955 426 B - £12.52 +vat

U1J0 955 205 A9 B9 (END CAP x2) - £1.08+vat (each)

Polo 9N Rear Areo

U6Q6 955 707 C (ARM) - £16.38 +vat

U6Q6 955 435 B (BLADE) - £6.08 +vat

U7E0 955 425 (END CAP) - £2.06 +vat

So rough totals are: £121 ex vat & £145 inc vat

:( .....maybe the ebay link for £117+£10 P&p isnt so far of the UK price tag.

Yeah that's about right. I had just had a brand new windscreen fitted so I wanted brand new arms and wipers. I'm a bit anal like that though :whistle2:

i can get from my work bosch retro fit blades they fit the hook type arms .. ill up load a picture later

i too have the bosch aerotwin retrofit but find that the passenger side doesn't sit right.... (its the correct kit for the car apparently) but almost seems to not fit the curve of the windscreen at the tip of the blade.

this is why i was wanting to go for the genuine vag stuff....just looks cleaner......but at £150 for all wipers its a high price to pay.......(I must find a way to justify it to myself :D )

photo-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
find some one thats breaking a car that you need the wiper arms from and buy the arms then buy some new wipers

Even the proper arms and blades don't sit completely flush on the passenger side. They are 'flusher' than that though.

it's not the blades fault rather the curve on the windscreen .

I've had mine on for a good couple of months now and the passenger wiper blade does fit flusher than that! They are a pricey upgrade. VAG parts no longer exist so I coughed up and got them on Ebay from VW_teeside (or something like that). I made him an offer and I got all parts for about £100.

Best bet is to go for the scrap yards! Late Mk4 golfs had them......not sure why Audi didn't put them on the later model A3/S3 models though - weird eh?

Can anyone confirm if the correct Bosch replacement blades for the genuine aero arms is part number: A928S ?

Cheers,

ICE

it sounds familiar but wouldnt like to confirm..........930s also sounds familiar.

I would just like to add the following:

A couple of years back i dabbled with replacing my bosch aero twins with sililcon wipers.......went for some random company (XOPC) as no reputable brand made them at the time. They were very good. The wipers were great.....but the fit to the wiper arms were rubbish.

I replaced them last yr with silicone aero blades from PIAA, a reputable brand. I love them.

I am sure you all know the benefits of silicone vs rubber. They are a little more expensive but last ages as they arent affected so much by thermal cycling. Most rubber blades only last a yr. Silicone also stays soft at lower temperatures.

So if you fancy trying something else, I recommend the PIAA sililcone aero blades. I bought them from priracing.com..........they also leave a film on yur windscreen similar to rain repellant.......giving a beading effect.

"1 x WUKE, PIAA Si-Tech Frameless Aero Wiper Blade (single) Free Shipping! (Wihin the UK)
Size: 21 inch

1 x WUKE, PIAA Si-Tech Frameless Aero Wiper Blade (single) Free Shipping! (Wihin the UK)
Size: 19 inch"

Reactions: Erf