help plz car wont start

bono

Reaction score
Help my car won`t start its a a3 18 nonturbo went to start notice the ignition ligts flickering the starter turns over fine but engine does not fire strange thing is i was playing about with the fuses to see if one had gone i pulled one out the ignition lights came on brighter the car then started i thought great must have been dirty fuse but when i came to start it again it would not start so i messed about with the same fuse now i only get the battery light on sometimes after pulling the fuse in & out i get all the lights on but only briefly not enough time to start the car any ideas plz

hi
thanks for reply i ve had the battery replaced but still same when i take out fuse no 29 15a marked up as engine management and switch on i get all the proper ignition lights on but when i put this fuse back all i get is the battery light and nothing else including no temp or fuel just the battery light

Try vagcom it dude, see if it throws up anything. Can you hear the fuel pump running, checked for spark all the usual stuff. Crank sensors have been known to cause starting issues but without getting it scanned it could be a number of things.

Hi thanks for reply got everything working now just sat there trying to start car then all of a sudden all the dash lights came on as they should and she started up! now i plugged in the cable i have switch the car off & on and she`s starts first time but i dont want to drive her in case she dont start again! i have a list of codes to find out about i hope one of them shows the nonstarting prob

this happened to me last year, are you sure you picked up the right keys.

yes thats to the key question ! & have you been reading my mail for the other :sm4::sm4: lol
well went to start the car today & just the battery light was showing when the ignition was turn on starter turn over but did not start strange thing is all the electrics work ie heater blower headlights,horn central locking but not the mirrors :banghead::banghead: