Couple o'hundred to spend... what on?

SiGainey

Reaction score
Got an R32 rear ARB to go on, just done new front discs and pads, happy with the bose (for now!), don't want a remap as I'm a wuss and can't afford to replace the clutch....

So what would you get for your S3 for a couple o' hundred?

lcr splitter, 6000k xenons, led sidelights and number plate lights...urm? forge oo7p

Wheel refurb? Machine polish? Front bumper respray to tidy up any stone chips?

(think I've seen you on DW, so just going down that route ;) Fellow OCDer! :salute:)

When was the clutch last done? If its never been done your going to have to do it eventually so you might as well get a remap :eyebrows: then a Badger 5 TIP.:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Do it, Do it!

When was the clutch last done? If its never been done your going to have to do it eventually so you might as well get a remap :eyebrows: then a Badger 5 TIP.:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Do it, Do it!

Never AFAIK and it's on 98k... Not sure I want to keep the car longer than 6 months as I want an M5.... So, spending on a clutch wouldn't get me my money back :(

Never AFAIK and it's on 98k... Not sure I want to keep the car longer than 6 months as I want an M5.... So, spending on a clutch wouldn't get me my money back :(

But it would make that short period of time an immensely large amount more fun... :yes:

If your keeping it no longer then 6 months you might say spending anything is a waste. A new clutch is a dam good selling point when you do, I'd go for that, if it's that bad

if your going to sell it, then just take it for a drive and spend the money on fuel. Or save for your M5

I dont reckon having a remap will do too much to the clutch as long as your not launching it from 1st all the time!
With or without remap there are ways of looking after the car to help increase life of parts like the clutch.
To some on here the remap may even be a selling point 6 months down the line as it saves them doing it ;-)

Yeah, I NEVER launch it off the line, it's more for 2nd / 3rd gear overtakes and general getting up to speed driving... And I know that foot flat down in 6th at 30mph will kill a clutch if done too regular too ;)

Yeah, I NEVER launch it off the line, it's more for 2nd / 3rd gear overtakes and general getting up to speed driving... And I know that foot flat down in 6th at 30mph will kill a clutch if done too regular too ;)

Think of the extra BOOST!! lol :yes:

Best bang for buck mod there is.

I wonder if bill would do a deal on a 3" TIP, Jetex and Remap.

Would be good to get more evidence before and after on the dyno, my car is standard ATM..

After my MOT if its under £400 all in i'll book myself in for it all.

I wonder if bill would do a deal on a 3" TIP, Jetex and Remap.

Would be good to get more evidence before and after on the dyno, my car is standard ATM..

After my MOT if its under £400 all in i'll book myself in for it all.

i was thinking of asking him this, a good forum deal :) wink wink bill.

Remap! If you get it done it may make you think twice about selling,it really does transform the car!

If you want an M5 shortly which would be an awesome car to own, I'd save your cash incase the car needs any bits to get through the Mot, always better to sell with a fresh ticket...

The more I look into an M5, the more the bills scare me... I do a lot of miles so I looked at 330d's but they get 40mpg, which is only 10 more than I get from the S3 so maybe the S3 with a new clutch and a remap is the way forward ;)

Go on, spill em... How much? The worst that can happen on an S3 is a new engine which I'd enjoy building myself but it's going to be cheaper than a new VANOS, jah?

My mate had the vanos done recently on his E36 and I think it was around £1200 for the vanos and fitting. Oh and that was with sending his old vanos back to be refurbed by the company he bought the new one from!

Chip/map, induction kit, rc valve, silicon air intake hose, cat back system, quickshift, suspension kit, alloy top mounts, new wheels lol and thats just a few