audi speakers + sub problem

audi-tk

Reaction score
got a 1998 audi. when i brought car it had no headunit. and now ive got an aftermarket unit ive noticed only the front 2 speakers work. how do i get the rear speakers and the standard audi sub to work with an uprated headunit? does anbody know. thanks i have a sub in my car at the moment but would prefer to sell it and keep it subtle thanks.:laugh:

you need the proper loom for the half amped system

^^ agree. you probably have the wrong adapter behind the headunit

Or no adapter at all more likely. You need a PC9-404 RCA input adapter, this feeds the rear pre-out to the rear/sub amp. Plug the rear RCA's into one end and the plug into the Audi loom, then connect the blue flying lead on the adapter to the power antenna or remote on cable on the new HU and job done. Ensure you have RCA's on the HU first and that the loom behind the HU has not been butchered.

hi cheers guys.theres a seperate loom adapter that is not in use? is that the one i need to sort out? so confused im going to have to take a good look tomrow :(

Or blue wire is not connected so amp is not turning on.

^^ in fact it will be the blue wire for sure. it is the power 'on' for the amp. it is not part of the loom either so it may have been missed. blue to blue. its called antenna.

You will have a multi coloured plug on the Audi loom (blue/green/yellow) this contains the feeds to the rear/sub amp and the remote switch on 12v to the amp to switch it on with the HU. You plug this into the PC9-404 red plug. Then plug the RCA's into the HU rear RCA's and the blue flying lead on the adapter to the power antenna lead on the HU.