RACELAND COILOVERS!!! REAR PROBLEMS!!!! HELP

Blackquattro

Reaction score
Hey guys, right first mistake i made was buying budget coilovers, race land.
I have a audi a3 quattro on a w reg, the fronts are sound i mean i can lower them the full 100 mm but the rear it just looks the same as standard, and the thread is at its lowest point, plus i bought adjustable drop links and fitted them and no joy, its alot stiffer but not lower. Guys i need some help, could it be that i need different springs for the rear or could it be something simple?

cheers marc

did ur buy the right kit for ur car?

its also worth leaving it a while 2weeks or so as they can take some time to settle

did you buy the quattro kit or 2WD kit? ....£180 for a coilover kit.....

I think the rear adjusters are just a gimmick personally.

The difference between them adjusted down to their lowest and no adjusters is massive.

Try that and see how you get on.

How low do you want it?

I got the same kit fitted and have noticed the back doesnt go that low either but its deffo lower than standard, is it safe to just remove the adjustable bit? Will the springs not be loose once the car is jacked up?

I got the same kit fitted and have noticed the back doesnt go that low either but its deffo lower than standard, is it safe to just remove the adjustable bit? Will the springs not be loose once the car is jacked up?

No because you have shorter shocks if used on standard shocks they would fall out when jacked up, they cannot go anywhere.....do it...

Cool nice one mate ill do it tomorrow :D was getting fed up of it sitting uneven lol

Cheers mucker

Ive never had a problem, and i drive like a loon, and ive covered a few thousand miles in mine.

Springs sit fine in the cups.

Hey guys yea finally sorted the problem. You know the rubber mounts from the standard springs, well you dont need them at all, so that was causing nearly 35 mm ov loss so all good now, just having problems with me headlights now, pain in the *** need to know which relay switch is for the head lights?