clutch pedal "broke" - is it salvagable the way it is?

m8arx

Reaction score
clips.jpg

pedal.jpg

I know i'll need to replace the black clip here - but i take it it will be too much hassle to put the metal part that broke off back on with some chemical metal or something - or ask a mate to weld it on again (even though it's TINY!)

I've seen the guides on replacing the pedal - the only thing that concerns me is the spring part of it.

Last edited:
mig weld the tab back on have done this in the past

Get the RAC to fix it - No spring hassle & no Labour :icon_thumright:

unfortunately i'm a member of the AA and they sent out a local recovery company who couldn't repair it at the road side. i've just bit the bullet and getting it recovered to my local garage to fix once i give him the required parts

common fault mate i replaced my pedal but if you get it welded it will be alot stronger than a replacement pedal.
its a right pig of a job though crammed upside down in the drivers footwell with a torch in my mouth

a little tip for putting the spring back in i compressed it with cable ties put it in place the cut the cable ties

Just get a new pedal. For all the hassle, you can normally get a brand new one from Audi, fitted at a local independent, for £100 or less.