anyone good at analysing vagcom logs? if so - can you have a look at this?

Not much data to go on and the blocks you have logged aren't the best... highest boost figure is 0.8(ish) bar... which is 11psi... what car is it? what have you had done to it? are there any fault codes coming up?

<tuffty/>

which blocks should i log then? i logged 32, 101 and 115.

it's a AMK s3, with a autobahn tip and forge 007p valve.

i have also bypassed the n249 and unplugged it electrically.

fault codes -

17963 - Charge Pressure: Maximum Limit Exceeded
P1555 - 35-00 - -
17695 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Open Circuit
P1287 - 35-00 - -

Righty... Theres most if not all your problem... Plug the N249 back in... it needs to be electrically connected as it is a pivotal valve to the engines control system... I assuming that you haven't had the car remapped?... did the problems happen after you did the bypass?

Once you have plugged the N249 back in, clear all the fault codes then you can log again...

Use blocks:
020 - timing pull
031 - fuel request vs actual
115 - boost request vs actual

Do that initially and we can take it from there...

<tuffty/>

cool i'll do this once i replace the plastic clip on the clutch pedal which conveniently snapped tonight lol

Cool, ive only got vcds-lite so can only measure a few blocks, going to try and get some logs thursday before i start work on the car so i can compare before and after, just hope i can log 020, 031 and 115 aswell as 002, hopefully can see why my car feels strange these last 12 months.

well the "pull" and "let-off" i get when accelerating away is now gone after i plugged in the n249 electrical plug. not had the chance to log anything yet because the weather is absolutely horrendous here and the roads are just jammed solid.

will do the logging on monday and post the results here. cheers tufty.

That's a ****** good figure mate. I'm struggling to hit 200g/s on my mapped S3 at the moment. You're car will definitely be mapped if you're getting those results. I get the exact same error as you above regarding "maximum limit exceeded".

the error came back and it looks like in the graphs the boost is definately going up above 0.7 bar but it doesn't do that until later on in the rev range - and it's doing it intermittantly.

it seems to be sometimes the car just lacks power at about 5k and then sometimes comes back to life - but it is completely intermittant and did happen on the runs that i was logging.

tufty - any thoughts on this mate? or anyone else?

come on surely someone must have a bit of experience with this thing?

Ok... had a quick look through these... data is a little sketchy but can appreciate road logging is not the easiest task... one thing that is obvious is that you either have a prob with your coolant temp sender and/or your thermostat as your coolant temp doesn't get much above 80 degrees (block 001)... I suspect the stat personally... does the temp gauge hit 90 deg?

The 212g/s figure appears spurious to me and I suspect is a result of the issue you are posting about...
m8arx-01.jpg

Elsewhere you get a MAF reading of 181g/s which tallies with your understanding that your car is not mapped...

First thing is to sort the coolant temp issue... logging should be done at 90 degrees as the ECU is then out of cold start etc... guessing your fuel consumption could be a liitle rubbish at the moment?

Then you need to log the following blocks...
002 - MAF etc
115 - boost request/actual
118 - intake temps and N75 duty cycle

Need to see what the N75 is doing when this spurious boost and g/s occurs...

<tuffty/>

i don't have any issue's with the temperature mate -always sits and 90 and takes around 5-10 minutes driving to get to that (depending on stationary or moving) - the car and data above was logged at 90 degrees :)

In the logs provided the temp didn't go above 82... thats suggests a problem to me bud... just because the dash says 90 deg doesn't actually mean its 90 deg...

The CTS has 2 sensors, one for the ECU and one for the dash gauge... in block 001 on the log file LOG-01-020-001-115.CSV max engine temp is 82 degrees... the fact that the temp varies between 76 and 82 through out the log rather than increasing from 76 to 82 suggests that something is not right... the dash gauge will stay at 90 degrees even when the actual coolant temp is heading above 100 degrees as this is normal operation for the engine and the average driver would worry that the engine is overheating otherwise... the operating temps for the dash gauge to show 90 deg are between 80 and 110 but the fact that you haven't got a temp near 90 deg at all suggests that maybe you have a stat problem

I think that you can check the dash temp in vagcom using module 17, block 002... there is some info here for the TT http://www.wikitt.org/wikiTT/images/f/fc/TTweakers-Guide.pdf which should be the same as its a diagnostic std..

<tuffty/>

ok thanks mate - i'll have a look at this and report back :)

thanks for the advice so far