Clutch and fly wheel?!

S3 D2HTY

Reaction score
While the block is out my car i thought i might aswell change clutch and fly wheel for piece of mind. I am running hybrid turbo so looking to see round the 320bhp mark`...........

I have contacted TTV about a SM flywheel and they have quoted me around £250 for it or i have seem DM flywheel for £250ish.

Now where is the best place to get a LUK uprated clutch from?

Any advice would be greatful as i only want to change this once.

GSF for the DM flywheel (230 ish), clutch (100 ish) and concentric slave... (25 ish) all plus VAT and all LuK... these are std items of course... std clutch is ok for the power but can understand why you would want to consider an upgrade... power is not an issue but the spiky torque delivery can tax a std clutch and forget launching as you will lunch it...

I use an std LuK DM flywheel and clutch cover with a Sachs 4 puck paddle clutch... works very well indeed but no idea as to how long it will last as its fairly new on... clutch wear is subjective at best... the way you drive makes a big difference on a mapped car let alone a hybrid one...

Sorry I can't suggest much else as an alternative but uprated clutches are not cheap sadly and this is the only setup I have had experience with...

<tuffty/>