Couple of things to ask!

S3featesV9

Reaction score
ive seen photos of a3/s3 wit center armrest, is this easily fitted?

And another thing is one probably asked ALL the time.

Looking to lower my car 40mm and stick sum rs4 wheels on it, will they still fit nicely?

If so coilovers, or springs? and which ones are most commonly used on s3's? i have no idea what ones to even look at buying

Or maybe someone could advise some different wheels that look nice on a ming blue s3

Cheers, James

Hi james the arm rest is easily fitted, quite expensive though..
plenty of options from springs/shocks to coilovers have a search...
plenty of wheel choice too have a look at the top..... pics of a3/s3

how much am i looking to pay for the arm rest? cant seem to find one on ebay.

whats the suspension set up on your s3?

Think I paid about £250 from the dealer with a black leather lid,

They do come up on eBay occasionally but I never managed to get one and I was looking every day for quite a while, when they do pop up they go straight away...

If you use the search feature on here there is a detailed diagram how to fit one, I did mine.
Was a bit fiddley to get your hands and socket bits where they need to be but do-able...

Last edited:
I want an armrest too, not gonna bother going to Audi though I bet it's 3 figures. I'm putting rs4's on mine mate, I think they'll look good as long as the offset is just right. I'm not lowering mine just yet though.

Ouch £250 for an arm rest....leave that for a while then.

Have you got rs4's yet? or still looking? im looking for a pretty cheap set as ill be getting them refurbed anyway. not sure what colour, probably standard silver.

probably best to get the wheels first then look into lowering anyway. right?

I have my wheels yeh, currently painting them, I chose a paint that's a light gun metal, it's a vauxhall colour called moonland pearl, should look pretty good.

But yeh, I'd look at lowering afterwards, get the ofset and stance right first, then drop. I think 25 mm drop is the ideal without looking to silly and should maintain good ride quality.

look forward to seeing some photos of yours on the wheels. id be getting mine soon.

but just found out i have a £2500 bill for a gearbox on the s3!!

Holy ****! Poor you!
I've got to wait till it warms up to finish mine, don't want the paint and lacquer to go funny. But pics will be uploaded when they're done.

need a new/recon gearbox. dual mass flywheel, clutch, release bearing, and fitting costs.

4th gear is totally smashed up in the bottom it seems lol

yeah not a bad price, is only cloth lid not leather though!

Cheers for the link though buddy :)