One for the S3 boys and girls

G-S3

Reaction score
If you change gear at 4k revs. What approx speeds in mph do yo get from each gear.

Cheers fellas.

Hi
Had a go this morning on the way to work.
1st = 22mph
2nd = 35mph
3rd = 50mph
4th = 66mph
5th = 82mph
6th = 98mph

This was obviously conducted on my own private test track on not on the public roads... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cheers bud. I think its more important to know than top speed in every gear. After all, who uses the full 6000 revs in every gear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

One thing that impressed me was the Golf GT TDi 150 I owned last year was chugging along at a shade over 2,000 rpm in top at the legal speed limit.

OK I tried this with my revo'd S3 today, results were pretty close to previous post:

1st: 22mph
2nd: 38mph
3rd: 50mph
4th: 65mph
5th: 83mph
6th: 105mph

I tried this on my own personal airfield far far away from pets, children, hedgehogs, other tarmac carnage and freerange humans like ramblers.

The speeds per gears (1-5) are the same as the gears in my Metro GTI . I thought the ratios in that were short. You guys must change gear so often whilst accelerating. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
halegavin said:
The speeds per gears (1-5) are the same as the gears in my Metro GTI . I thought the ratios in that were short. You guys must change gear so often whilst accelerating. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it's fun. A gear for all occasions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif