REPLACE OEM SUSPENSION AFTER BROKEN REAR SPRING

Blounter

Reaction score
Have one broken spring on the rear of my 8L bam,will have to change both springs or I'm thinking of changing the whole lot front and rear. I want to keep it standard (have 6mth old son who likes to sleep in the car so no coilovers!:no:),can anyone recommend a o.e shocks and springs package without paying dealer prices(stupid money I guess?).

I suppose G.s.f/euro parts is all pattern stuff. I want to keep clear of cheap/fleabay stuff but not go see the bank manager!

Can you still buy the GmbH quattro spring package and fit monroe shocks(if available) that are fitted to the S3?

Anyone know what the paint dots mean on the springs,3 silver on rear,2 pink on front(different shades of pink mind!)

Last edited:
one of my rears snapped last month, found a thread on here similar, and managed to get one for free (just paid postage) off a member on here.

hopefully changing my rears + 2000miles old oem front in about 2 weeks, so if not too late

Have one broken spring on the rear of my 8L bam,will have to change both springs or I'm thinking of changing the whole lot front and rear. I want to keep it standard (have 6mth old son who likes to sleep in the car so no coilovers!:no:),can anyone recommend a o.e shocks and springs package without paying dealer prices(stupid money I guess?).

I suppose G.s.f/euro parts is all pattern stuff. I want to keep clear of cheap/fleabay stuff but not go see the bank manager!

Can you still buy the GmbH quattro spring package and fit monroe shocks(if available) that are fitted to the S3?

Anyone know what the paint dots mean on the springs,3 silver on rear,2 pink on front(different shades of pink mind!)

the dots are the code for the spring
make sure you match the colours and they will be the same audi swapped and changed the springs so much its hard to get the right ones

I'm just about to swap my 'gmbh' springs and shocks for Billies and H&Rs with a fellow ASN member...
Not relevant but just had to tell someone!

What is difference between the gmbh springs and normal s3 springs?

As my car is badges as an S3 "Swiss" and I read on a german forum that the Swiss edition had a few extras as standard and the suspension from gmbh quattro was one of them.

Best of just getting collies and leaving them at the highest they go. Didn't even make a difference to my ride quality mate. Better if anything . I hate a hard ride but these coilovers are down 50mm and no annoying ride. Cheap as well. Or just replace that 1 to save most money