Wing mirrors stolen!!! Replacements???

Richiey1981

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Some little fecker has taken it upon themselves to steal both my chrome wing mirrors off of my lovely s3!!! As you can imagine I ain't best pleased and currently looking for the best solution. Audi have stated it will cost about a grand to get them replaced!!!

Anyone got any other options? I have found some dtm replacement mirrors on ebay but wondered if anyone can tell me if they are any good. Here's a link: BLACK ELECTRIC M3 MIRRORS AUDI A3 & A4 E MARKED on eBay (end time 09-Feb-11 18:23:00 GMT) I don't want some chavvy replacement but this is the best I can find?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Gutted Rich!

Sorry to hear that some T&£t has stole them can't help on the link.

you say you dont want chavvy

forget the link then if you have a s3 replace with oem from the bay
or if normal a3 get some colour coded
but dont put them on it

your not alone there mate some sh*thouse nicked mine over xmas

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool - Best to go back to Audi I guess? Maybe just get some standard mirrors and have them colour coded?

Seems like there's a shortage of replacements on ebay. Jemis - did you go back to Audi for replacements? I don't want to get the same again just for them to get nicked a second time!!!

I really hate seeing these 'stolen wing mirror' threads, the thought of it makes me cringe! I remember they use to fetch £250+ on fleabay, but now they have dropped to £150 odd. Surprising there's still demand for them!!

I don't understand are these mirrors easy to take off then . Surely they wouldn't b worth anything if there snapped off? Way about standard a3 mirrors mate with them20pound chrome mirror caps? Lol

I had these on my S3, was always a concern, people like to say I have genuine oem alum mirrors, solid aluminium mirror caps against the plastic plated ones seems to be something worth having or worth bragging about, whats ironic is audi changed to later chassis to have exactly that on sline/s cars, plastic plated with aluminium, assuming to cut costs, they still nick them aswell little gits.

Also some numnuts will think, ooooh they're genuine worth a few bucks, break the whole units of, to then find they're rubbish & probably get peed of & leave more damage on your car for having the audacity to make them think he can make money of your car.

I really hate seeing these 'stolen wing mirror' threads, the thought of it makes me cringe! I remember they use to fetch £250+ on fleabay, but now they have dropped to £150 odd. Surprising there's still demand for them!!

Its because they keep getting nicked mate.

The thieving scumbags are creating a market for them on ebay.

It's really sad to see that people on here keep reporting they've had their S3 mirrors stolen. Are there no preventative measures others can take to make it harder for the mirrors to come off so that this doesn't happen to them too?

Electricution, stick 240 down some wires in them & watch the fun, infact should sell tickets to events like that.

There was a pair of genuine alloy mirror caps on Pistonheads classifieds last week for a reasonable £130...
I might've bought them but am just awaiting delivery of a pair I got for £110 posted from a fellow ASN member - Just had to tell somebody.

Was going to replace my cracked plastic body-colour one with the same from Audi but they wanted £70 for one painted one!

Last edited:
What colour is the car? And were the bases broken off or just the covers removed?

I've just bought a replacement mirror base for £30 delivered and a pair of colour coded mirror caps for £26 delivered - both from ebay.

I was looking at chrome/alu ones, but just think its worth the risk of them being nicked.

Sorry to hear this. Happened to me a few months ago. Hope you get it sorted.

There was a pair of genuine alloy mirror caps on Pistonheads classifieds last week for a reasonable £130...
I might've bought them but am just awaiting delivery of a pair I got for £110 posted from a fellow ASN member - Just had to tell somebody.

Was going to replace my cracked plastic body-colour one with the same from Audi but they wanted £70 for one painted one!

:) they were sent special delivery today mate. Let me know when you get them.

As for replacements i found a breakers on ebay that seemed to have various colours of plastic electric mirrors for sale and when i contacted them for a price on a pair they seemed very helpful and fairly priced. I think it was vrs northhampton or a company with the name along those lines.

I hope you source what you need. there is not much worst sight out there to see in the morning than having your car vandalised.