Audi Kills Off S3 !!!

gdwood

Reaction score
According to this Week's Autocar, Audi is to discontinue the S3 when the current model goes out of production, in favour of a new RS3 to be introduced in 2005/6.

An Audi source told Autocar: "There is unlikely to be an S-badged car in the new A3 line-up". Autocar went on to say: "There just isn't the room to accommodate an RS3 and an S3, when the punchiest regular A3 sports 25bhp more than the outgoing S3 hatch".

And, to make matters worse, the RS3 will be offered "...only as a five-door lifestyle estate, rather than a pumped-up three-door". Ugh!!!

Looks like I'll be taking my custom back to BMW, as I think will many current members who switched from M3 to S3.

Gary.

Even if that has come from an 'Audi spokesman', i would tend not to believe it and just wait and see.

Rich

theres just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooo much speculation going on at the moment about what is and what isnt going to be in the line up

[ QUOTE ]
MO-S3 said:
theres just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooo much speculation going on at the moment about what is and what isnt going to be in the line up

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly... the press can say whatever, but i think i'll just wait and see what ACTUALLY happens

Rich

Well hey - at least your current models will be a unique 'classic' one day!

I think there will be an S3. Colin from sport-import confirmed that there will be a 2.7 Bi Turbo in '06, that was from his sources anyway.

I never believe Autocar, tend to talk ******** IMO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5 doors......WTF, you must be a real family man these days then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Am I the only one anxious for a 5-door "S" or "RS" model

[/ QUOTE ]

yep! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hate the looks of the 5 door A3 and if that rumour is true Audi have lost another customer

but out of all the rumours the one that seems most likely to me was:

A3 3.2 - about 240bhp but set for comfort (think Golf V5)
S3 tuned 3.2 about 280bhp
RS3 turbo 3.2 about 350bhp

I would get an RS3 but if its a nappy wagon I'll be buying else where in 2 years

and 2006???? I don't want to buy a performance variant a year before the range is out of date /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This leaves me with a big dilema (and lots of others here too I'd guess). I was going to hang on to my MY00 S3 until the new version came out. Now it sounds like there might not be a new version. Call me a snob, but the 'normal' 3.2 quattro A3 just isn't special enough in my eyes. I want an S! What to do....

Dan

[ QUOTE ]
but the 'normal' 3.2 quattro A3 just isn't special enough in my eyes

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn right, its thoroughly boring, and a good car if you want to blend in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
but the 'normal' 3.2 quattro A3 just isn't special enough in my eyes

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%

The information I have been given by a senior manager at an Audi dealer who recently attended an Audi run event in Portugal (where he got to actually drive various new A3 versions) is: there will be an S-Line pack for the A3 3.2Q. What this pack will contain is hard to say at this time.

There was also a presentation slide shown that was titled future models, on the list was "S3". He also confirmed that the RS3 is likely to be an Avant.

AL

S-Line pack? probably be uprated sports suspension and 18 inch wheels.

[ QUOTE ]
18 inch wheels.

[/ QUOTE ]
more ****** RSTT's probably! Audi need to design some groovey new alloys to keep for the more expensive models and not put them on the A2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif