Proud owner of S3 with questions

sam4191

If In doubt, Flat out!
Reaction score
Hello guys!!!

Got my hands on a Black 2000 S3 APY today! She has done 129000 miles, but seems pretty good.

I will get pics up when i get some;)

Just a couple of questions though...

1) She has a wet carpet in passenger footwell... Is this a common problem?

2) She doesnt warm up (water temperature is not constant) When in traffic, temp if fine...(90 deg). When driving, it drops to about 70. Im thinking Thermostat??? If so, are these easy to do? I havent looked yet, its now dark and cold:ermm: I know you shouldn't use the turbo too much when engine is cold. Does this include when guage doesnt show fully warm??

Also, a general question. It has a brand new Ko4 Hybrid turbo on. With out a remap (totally standard otherwise) Will this have any effect on performance/power??? I havent driven another S3.

Otherwise, The few hours I have owned it, am loving it!:) Totally different car to my old A4... that was a cruiser.. this just isnt! haha!

Any help on these question will be much appreciated!

Thanks alot

Sam

Hi Sam, do have a receipt for the hybrid? Would be interesting to know where it's come from :)

Any ideas of what it's boosting at?

Hi Sam, do have a receipt for the hybrid? Would be interesting to know where it's come from :)

Any ideas of what it's boosting at?

hello mate,

I don't yet, should be getting it in a couple of weeks. I have no idea what she is boosting to be honest. How can I find out?

Sorry... Im totally new to Turbo cars!

hello mate,

I don't yet, should be getting it in a couple of weeks. I have no idea what she is boosting to be honest. How can I find out?

Sorry... Im totally new to Turbo cars!

A boost gauge will give you an idea of what it's boosting :)

Reactions: chisharpe
Water in the well could be the pollen filter cover, check its seated right, its under the bonnet on the near side but forms part of the scuttle panel.